London SE1 community website

Royal Mail woes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6
Tuesday 1 December 2009 9.30pm
I missed out on 5,000 arts funding due to my application taking nearly two weeks to arrive at Westminster. I was/am not a happy person.
Wednesday 2 December 2009 9.56am
I'd be a flipping furious person Tolstoy...demanding compensation from the royal mail!
Thursday 3 December 2009 2.15pm
I got my package exactly 23 days after I got the original card through the door. I schlepped to Mandela Way no less than 7 times for it.

Whenever I want to post something, I always do it at the Camberwell Green post office- they are much better at getting things to places on tim than SE1.
Thursday 3 December 2009 2.31pm
Yesterday I got home to find an invitation to a private view on 17th October!

When I looked at the envelope, it had a first class stamp and was posted in Putney on 13th October - that's 50 days! Yes, fifty days ago!

According to the AA route planner, the distance is 7.35 miles and should take 22 minutes... Words fail me.

Is that a record?
Wednesday 9 December 2009 9.01am
Yesterday I took the card that came through my door on the 20th November to the Mandela Way office. I was told 3 weeks had past so it had been returned. I came home, then realised 3 weeks had not past. I went back.
A man actually went and got a calender off the wall and in his best patronising voice pointed at the 20th and said 'one' then at the 27th and said 'two' then at the 4th of December and said 'three'. Then he looked at me as if to say 'now don't you feel stupid'. He was also very rude and quite aggressive. When he eventually let me speak without talking over me I discovered that he was incapable of seeing his error. I asked to speak to someone else who pretty quickly said I was right. The first idiot just switched to saying there was probably a genuine human error and I should make a complaint. He constantly repeated that it wasn't there so there was no point in me being there. No apology for being thick. Human error indeed. Why are they having to employ people who can't count to three?
Wednesday 9 December 2009 9.39am
we've had no post for over a week now. I e-mailed a complaint through to Royal Mail as we're expecting a cheque from insurance for new washing machine and insurance company sent it over a week ago. That said, in recent weeks agency staff have been delivering post from a white van on a Sunday. When they do it, they dump the whole block's post just through the intercom door and last time this happened someone opened up a 'juicy' package and took the contents! how bloody annoying!
Wednesday 9 December 2009 10.00am
Don't these people want jobs? Or are they right to think that urbanite is in a tiny minority? We should all boycott them. The trouble is, I've had shocking service from couriers before, saying they've tried to deliver when I've been in all day and there's no card.

btw my recent experience at Mandela Way came as quite a surprise because in all the years I've been Gong there, I've only ever had a pleasant and reasonable attitude.
I've just been there now to get the name of the man who can't count to 3 and was spoken to by a very sympathetic and helpful woman.
Wednesday 9 December 2009 12.17pm
I am still waiting for a some books that were sent from Europe on 26th September... do they still have unsorted mail lying around some warehouse somewhere? The form to report it lost seems a but complicated, but I could not find a way to do it online either?
Wednesday 9 December 2009 1.28pm
the problem, Nelson, is that RM makes it deliberately difficult to bring stuff like this to their attention; it has an effect on their 'efficiency' rating, you see. (A bit like London Underground's 'Charter' under which you are entitled to a full refund if delayed for longer than 15 minutes - it is extremely well hidden to prevent people finding out about it!).
Wednesday 9 December 2009 10.17pm
And also, Gavin, it seems they really are taking no responsibility of foreign mail, unless it is AirSure or other recorded type :( Well maybe I'll send the form in anyway...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions