London SE1 community website

Elephant Tesco

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 16
Monday 5 April 2004 4.08pm

At the risk of sounding incredulous - do they really work?!

regards,

Loafer
Monday 5 April 2004 4.13pm
my brother uses them, and seems quite happy, although he has to use them because his girlfriend is pretty much allergic to anything else they can find.
Monday 5 April 2004 4.28pm
Lidl does sell a decent range of fresh veg, as well as good cheese -- I cook fresh food pretty much every night and have shopped at lidl in the past for this purpose. Am lazy now and get me lovely organic veg delivered however.
Monday 5 April 2004 4.50pm

So how does it work ?

I have seen these advertised for a while and I am a bit (a lot) sceptical. But, if there is a real reason (as opposed to a con) and they do work then I will get them - I spend loads on detergent and would be happy to buy something better for environment and lighter on my wallet.
Sue
Monday 5 April 2004 4.56pm
I don't know how it works, just that it does work. They provide a stain remover stick for any really vile stains, but they do the rest of the work, definitely better for the environment, pocket, and possibly the washing machine where the drawer does not get blocked with nasty stuff.
Monday 5 April 2004 5.05pm
Sounds good to me - I think you can get them from 'Lakeland'
they probably have a website, I think it's Lakeland plastics ltd.

in fact here is the exact page!
http://www.lakelandlimited.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/GBP/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=5F-A7zpspFY9j3oddKqM6ZKsWeqVnasli1w=?ProductID=naTCy5OSvycAAADrNVMh2ECV
Monday 5 April 2004 5.07pm

I'm a convert. You will soon recognise me around SE1, by the whiff of my clothes.
Monday 5 April 2004 5.13pm
Lidl pay their staff at a much higher rate than other supermarkets, their olive oil is good and cheap and they also have an area where you can pick up industrial angle-grinders, abrasive wheels and the like, at a very good price - should you feel the need.

Ignorance is bliss
Monday 5 April 2004 5.31pm

(I know I am going to regret this)

Isn't Waitrose, as part of John Lewis, a partnership with every staff member holding part-ownership and helping make decisions about the whole organisation's policies??
Sue
Monday 5 April 2004 5.41pm
Glad to hear red bus will soon be smelling better. Thanks, Jon for the Lakeland info.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Current: 11 of 16

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions