London SE1 community website

Elephant Tesco

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 16
Monday 8 March 2004 11.55pm
I've also noticed that every time I try to buy bus saver tickets from E&C they never have them. Has anyone ever managed to buy them there?
Tuesday 9 March 2004 12.53am
There's a newsagent next to the [old] entrance to the tube station - i think it's called 'Huma's shop'. I've never known it to be out of saver tickets, nor have I ever had to queue in there.
Tuesday 9 March 2004 1.02am
One thing I adore about Borough Market is the fact that they have inexpensive duck eggs. I can't find them anywhere else. I highly recommend the Monmouth Coffee Co. (in Borough Mkt) too.

Thanks for the info on M&S, tanya. I went into the Waterloo one the other day. I'll never cease to be amazed at the quality of their foods. Even their ready meals are delicious, and their smoked salmon is so much better than Tesco's. Queues were quite long, but very quickly moving. Marvellous store.

Post edited (09 Mar 04 01:04)
Tuesday 9 March 2004 8.38am
try the M & S steam meals: very good, healthy and affordable.
rm
Tuesday 9 March 2004 9.25am
M&S steak and kidney puddings...... ready in the microwave in 5 minutes and very yummy. Just like granny used to make!
Tuesday 9 March 2004 9.46am
rm

try the S&KP at the Royal Oak. Probably cheaper than M&S, almost certainly better than any ready meal, and feeds a faimly of four for a week.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Sue
Thursday 11 March 2004 2.13pm
Also forgot to mention my star buys of many kinds, i.e. olives, freshly made bread, cheap etc etc. at a Turkish supermarket called I think Seyhan 2, near Iceland in Walworth Road.
Thursday 11 March 2004 3.24pm
great, nice to have a Walworth Rd recommendation. Even if it's outside our little SE1 corner there are some top things in the area.
Sue
Thursday 11 March 2004 3.31pm
Trouble with Waitrose at Canary Wharf is that they not only charge the usual four or five quid delivery charge for internet shopping, but also another fiver I am told for congestion delivery charges, even on a Saturday delivery apparently.
Thursday 11 March 2004 5.02pm
Do WAITROSE (as opposed to Ocodo (sp?)) deliver to SE1 then?

I understand that Ocodo's extra fiver isn't the congestion charge, but is London related, as it takes them longer to get into town than to get to out of town.

Get yourself a car and then you can drive to Canary Wharf. You know it makes sense [may be taken as TFIC if you wish; is also definitely a practical suggestion for making shopping easier. Only a couple of hundred quid a year to run a very old Polo]
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 16

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions