London SE1 community website

Good Thai food

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Wednesday 9 December 2009 2.35am
Many thanks to all for the recommendation. I have tried Thai Silk and Suchard in the past. So, I ended with a delivery from Mama Thai yesterday but it was disappointing though edible. Suchard is okay though Thai Silk is better. I will try Kai Thai next. Cheers.
Wednesday 9 December 2009 5.18pm
Have a look on hungryhouse.co.uk and just-eat.co.uk for good Thai restaurants. The best I've found is called Jasmine Garden. Very cheap but fantastic quality. The large coconut rice is enough for four portions!
Wednesday 9 December 2009 6.00pm
It's a bit studenty but Lye Torng on St. George's Road is my local fave. I have banged on about it for years I know but I do like the food.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Thursday 10 December 2009 11.19am
I've had more than one brilliant meal in Thai Pavilion East, on Kennington Road opposite the imperial war museum. However I haven't been back in a while, and it did tend to be sadly underpopulated even at peak times.
Thursday 10 December 2009 1.22pm
chavender wrote:
It's a bit studenty but Lye Torng on St. George's Road is my local fave. I have banged on about it for years I know but I do like the food.

I havent been for years but was always excellent. It used to be BYO unless my memory fails me?
Thursday 10 December 2009 1.30pm
No, it is licensed - an ex pub. And there's a bar as well. And snooker table!

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Friday 11 December 2009 2.56pm
It might be suprising to note that the Elephant & Castle Pub on the corner of Elephant & Castle does very good, authentic Thai food- I was very pleasantly suprised. Reminded me of food in Bangkok.

Also there is the Continental Cafe on Arnside Road just off Walworth Road also does good cheap Thai food but it's only open during the day.

Worth asking if either can do takeout.
TAK
Monday 29 November 2010 5.06pm
As this is now nearly a year old, anything new or are existing recommendations still up to date?
Thanks.
Monday 29 November 2010 9.52pm
I can vouch that Suchard Thai is still very good. Very tasty food, and very prompt for collection take away orders. I can be walking home and phone through an order from the Northern end of London Bridge, and collect the food ten minutes later when I walk past. Perfect.
Tuesday 30 November 2010 6.11pm
hmmm...still to find after nearly 20 years a thai restaurant in london (let alone SE1) that comes anywhere near the authenticity you get in ...say Sydney
bland toned down flavours seem (to me anyway) the default. i so want to be proved otherwise
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions