London SE1 community website

Where can I buy a Christmas tree?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 14 December 2009 1.07pm
Last year and the year before I got mine from Borough Market, and they didn't seem overly expensive - a medium sized tree would have been 25 but I got it for 20 as it was nearly the end of the day and on the last Saturday before Christmas.

This year I've got myself a small tree from East Street Market, which again cost 20.
Monday 14 December 2009 1.48pm
old kent road B&Q for me. Cost 35 but she's a beaut!
Tuesday 15 December 2009 1.01am
Try Bermondsey Square this Saturday - 10am - 2pm. They have a great selection and offer a 10 refund if you return the dead tree after Christmas!
Sunday 3 January 2010 1.19pm
If you google the Alleyn Park Garden Centre you will see that they are listed as one of Time Out Magazine's best garden centres (you'll also see phrases like "Exceptionally Knowledgeable & Friendly Staff"). They charge roughly 3 per foot in height for Xmas trees, so a 3-foot tree is about a tenner, and a 10-foot one about 30. If you place your order in advance (in November, I think) I believe they will give you a discount and/or deliver it for free. They also do holly wreaths for your front door, etc. You might want to join their email list and get a reminder later in the year.

My sister is one of the owners, but she does not know that I am posting this review, and I will not benefit personally in any way. The website is at http://www.alleynpark.co.uk/
Sunday 3 January 2010 1.22pm
APOLOGIES: I got those prices completely wrong: I've just found their "Christmas" page, and see that the trees actually range from 20 to 80. But they do say that if you order by 30 Nov. you get a 10% discount*and* free delivery.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions