London SE1 community website

Recycling Christmas Trees

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 4 January 2010 11.30pm
Does anyone know if there is anywhere local you can take your [real] Christmas Tree to to get it mulched? [I can't bear to see abandoned tress on the pavements]
Tuesday 5 January 2010 1.40pm
The Southwark Council page, though accurate, is not very informative about pinpointing the precise place within an enormous park to take your Christmas tree.

I know that the Burgess Park recycling point - which I suppose is on the SE5/SE17 border, but only a short hop from the OKR i9f you're at that end of SE1 - is by the recycling point in the little car park off Albany Road.

And I should know, because I live the other side of the park and it took me two years of dragging my old tree all the way to Manor Place before I actually located the Burgess Park site...

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions