London SE1 community website

Car wash

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 6 January 2010 2.33pm
Might seem an odd qu. given the weather but does anyone know of a good hand car wash service near Bermondsey St (ish)? Or for that matter a good place to have shoes soled? Am new to area... Thanks!
Wednesday 6 January 2010 2.50pm
very good hand carwash on Druid Street (just before junction with Tower Bridge Road). Is open good hours too.

As for getting shoes soled, I think there's a place on Tower Bridge Road up by Manze's pie and mash shop, but could be mistaken. If I am, then I think nearest place would be Elephant & Castle shopping centre.

Someone else might know a cobbler (is that the correct phrase?) closer though.
Wednesday 6 January 2010 3.02pm
There is a good car wash on Grange Road opposite the Alaska building which does outside for 5 and outside + inside for 10 while you wait.

I recently had my shoes resoled at a place on Tower Bridge Road. I forget the name, but it has a reddy brown frontage and is roughly opposite Manzes (as the previous poster mentioned).
Wednesday 6 January 2010 3.23pm
There is another car wash, "hand car wash"-esque rather than machines, as much as any are these days, on Southwark Bridge Road opposite the Island Cafe. Its mainly used by taxis and chauffer cars which I normally think is a good sign.

I think its either 5 or 10 for the outside, cant remember which.

Used it c. 10 times and its perfectly decent.
Wednesday 6 January 2010 3.24pm
Thanks both!
Wednesday 6 January 2010 4.08pm
Also a cobbler on Tooley street "underneath" the PwC building next to the Fitness First. They don't do it on the spot, but have done a good job on my shoes the last couple times.
Thursday 7 January 2010 11.35am
There's a shoe place in the long underground corridor at Hay's Galleria, and another on London Bridge Walk (the raised bit leading from the spike on the bridge to the station.)
Thursday 7 January 2010 11.54am
Thank you! All very helpful...now just to choose. Will be best-heeled girl in town! With shiniest car (apart from the bit some nasty person keyed last week)!

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions