London SE1 community website

Gyms with a Seated Leg Press (Closed Chain)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 6 January 2010 4.06pm
Hi,

This is my first post on here so - hello!

I was unfortunate enough to tear my anterior cruciate ligament whilst on holiday in Australia last year & now need to find a gym in London with a seated leg press that does NOT have a moving plate that you rest your feet on, i.e. the seat - not the feet plate - should move, like the one in the youtube video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSI9X5LfuXg&NR=1

I have called Jubilee Hall gyms in both Covent Garden & Colombo Street (Waterloo) & the gym in the City of London Academy secondary school near where I live - & apparently none of them have this particular piece of equipment!

Can anyone please advise of a gym in the SE1 / Central London (preferably near the #1 bus route) area that has one of these types of leg press machine?

The reason I need this particular type is that I am very limited in what exercises I am allowed to do at present, following my ACL reconstruction operation, i.e. major knee surgery.

Cheers,

Paula
Wednesday 6 January 2010 5.08pm
Hi Paula - I belive Soho Gyms Waterloo has this piece of equipment. Hope this helps.
Wednesday 6 January 2010 5.43pm
Thanks Grey!
Tuesday 12 January 2010 4.52pm
http://www.thecirclespa.com/ has this, I use it myself.
Wednesday 13 January 2010 2.25pm
sohogyms at borough has one too

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions