London SE1 community website

More Muggings in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 11 January 2010 9.13am
I had an attempted break-in last year, reported it and in less than two hours an officer came around, dusted the outside window for fingerprints and within four or five days told me they had identified the would be burglar...I can't complain about the police response!
Monday 11 January 2010 10.26am
A friend of mine got mugged at knife point not so long ago. They stole her purse and her gold jewellry including her engagement ring! She was, as you can imagine, really shaken up and to do this day rarely walks anywhere on her own. It makes me angry that these muggers are preventing people from living their lives for fear of being attacked.
Monday 11 January 2010 11.12am
Thanks to the original poster for bringing this to our attention - I live on Alma Grove and so this is very local. I have always felt safe walking around the area, but this is a good reminder to always be on the look out in the hope of avoiding any trouble (not that this is always possible, of course).

I hope your friend recovers and it doesn't stop him walking around London in the future.

On the CCTV point, I don't think there is that much coverage on the streets south of Southwark Park road, but perhaps somebody in one of the houses lining Balaclava Road heard/saw something? I know that I always tend to check outside if I hear anything that I think might be untoward and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Monday 11 January 2010 12.13pm
Jan the old one wrote:
I had an attempted break-in last year, reported it and in less than two hours an officer came around, dusted the outside window for fingerprints and within four or five days told me they had identified the would be burglar...I can't complain about the police response!

I felt sure that you were going to say, "they told me that they had identified the would be burglar and had had a whip round to help him out as he had been unsuccessful in his endeavour at your home!"
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions