London SE1 community website

Paranormal SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Saturday 30 January 2010 7.51am
Chalkey, Bill Tudor John is still working..there is one listed where I am at the moment!

We used to have quite a few poltergeist incidents at home, on one occasion there was just three of us in, my eldest daughter and I were in the living room, the five year old asleep in the top bedroom four flights up. I had been moaning at her about her one of her boyfriends and she was defending him and things were getting rather heated, suddenly we heard a 'chink' I looked into the hall at the same time a twopenny piece landed on the bottom of the radiator, it had bounced from the top of the rad. onto the valve.

My daughter who was extremely fit ran upstairs thinking her little sister had got out of bed, I followed , she came out of the bedroom looking puzzled say Mum she's soundo.. I went in and there she was snoring her little head off. If she had thrown the money no way at all could her little legs scampered up all the stairs.
Many things happened like that. I remembered one day looking out in the garden at the old wall and seeing a face on it. I shook my head thinking that the rain penetration on it had just formed a face shaped mark.
It stayed for about three days, two days later my friend and I was digging nearby and found some long string which looked like long grey hair..Also found some small bones, we buried them near the wall.
Several years later we found out how many bodies were buried under Geofrey Chaucer playground, tens of thousands.
Sophie who used to live in our house told us not to worry as she was always finding things, old clay pipes,bones! and as the house was built between 1813 and 1817 people live an in print of their lives on it...
Saturday 30 January 2010 10.22am
Yes, Jan. If It's the same bloke I believe he's a board director of some big financial institution. It's either 'Nationwide,' or 'Standard Life.' both ring a bell, but I suspect it's the former, as the latter's head office is in Scotland. It was almost forty years ago that he and I worked at the same place in the City. I remember him as a nice, unasuming guy who obviously posessed a lot of talent.
Saturday 30 January 2010 11.43am
Hi Jan,
Yes Poltergiests? Know what you mean. My flat has spurts of activity then nothing for months. Paranormal indeed, but not convinced always it is 'ghosty'. maybe spurts of energy from something/ weather/electricity/water.
I expereince throwing, things moving ( especaily clocks) and things being turned on and off. Plus a few sharp pokes in the back, things being hidden then turing up in weird places like down the toilet. most have these things have been witnessed by sane people so it is not I am conviinced just me. I have only seen an apparition once. It was Christmas three years ago, I came back from being away and could not get my front door open ( I thought post must ben piled up on the inside) The lock worked but it took a very hard push. When the door flew open, and I fell in elegantly
I saw a man abiout 6ft 5 in a white shirt and braces and very 50's brillcreamed hair, plus a strong 'faggy beer smell'. Alamingly it was only the top half of him. He disapaeared. The smell stayed for about a day.
My neighbour remarked have you had a heavey smoker staying ( none of us smoke) as the smell was apparent in the hall when I opened my front door.
Two differant guests not knowing this story said they saw the outline of a tall man walking from my kitchen through the wall. But I have never seen that. Strangly though it is not scary in my flat.
Well I guess there are more things around us, than we can fathom. I think you did the right thing buring the bones.
Monday 1 February 2010 1.16pm
A few times since I moved into my flat (which is a new build of only 7 years), my cat and I were awoken by a person walking into the bedroom. We both watched nothing, just followed the walking sound from the door, past the bottom of the bed and then to the window.
It did not feel threatening, just unexpected.
I had to euthanaise my 4 year old cat on new year's day. A few days later, I was woken up at 6am by the same person walking into my room and to the side of the bed, next to the window. Several seconds later, I heard my beloved black cat dig into his scratch post, which is (still) located at the spot the 'ghost'/presence stopped at. My cat then jumped onto the bed and snuggled into my arm to say sorry in the way he used to do. I could actually see him, but the more I opened my eyes (I was fully awake here) he disappeared into the ether. It made me so sad.

Things have gone walk about in my flat many times, but I always put it down to my mischievious kitten/cat. They usually turn up somewhere odd but not inconvenient.

I am actually a sceptic but this has happened in the past at varying places, especially with cats visiting.
Monday 1 February 2010 1.43pm
It is lovely you cat comes back to see you. Facinating
experience.
Monday 1 February 2010 1.56pm
I've been holding this one back, but I've got to tell it.
A ventriloquist keeps phoning his agent asking where all the work has gone. The agent continually reminds him that vent acts are a thing of the past. No one wants them any more. Eventually the ventriloquist, out of sheer desperation, asks if there is anything at all on the books that he could turn his hand to. The agent says his book is empty, but he hears that the clairvoyant on the end of Southend pier is going on holiday for two weeks and is lookiing for a stand-in. 'Just blag it,' he says.
The vent contacts the clairvoyant and gets the job. After a couple of hours without any punters an old lady walks up to him and says that her husband died a few weeks ago and she would like to know that he's alright. She enquires as to the price list on display: £10, £20 and £30. The vent tells her that for ten quid she can speak to her husband through him. She doesn't fancy that as she says she wants to hear from her husband. 'That's the twenty quid job,' says the vent. 'Through me, you can speak to him and he will speak back.'
'That's more like it,' says the old lady. 'But what would I get for thirty quid?'
'That's the speciality,' says the vent. 'For thirty quid, you speak to him, he speaks to you, and I drink a glass of water at the same time!'
Tuesday 2 February 2010 10.55pm
I am ‘maybe' related to Henry the 8th! I had an ancestor who worked as a chamber maid in his court in the 16th century who had an illegitimate child (slut).

"BE A TUDOR NOT A LOSER!"

HA
Wednesday 3 February 2010 11.35am
There's every chance, John. So long as there was a pulse, Henry was up for it. He's believed to have had many 'illigits,' but the only one he acknowledged was his son by Elizabeth Blount, a royal chamber maid and the daughter of Sir John Blount. The boy was named Henry Fitzroy and was eventually created Earl of Richmond and Somerset. Any children by the lower orders were not acknowledged.
Don't be too hard on your poor ancester, she wouldn't have had any choice in the matter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions