London SE1 community website

Cheaper shoe menders

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 12 May 2010 4.10pm
just went to get my shoes reheeled at cobblers nest a tiny ladies heel 7.50 thats 50p more than kehoes.
he did not get my custom will try tower bridge road tomorrow,
im not mean could just not justify the price, i would rather put them in the bin
Thursday 13 May 2010 11.28am
I highly recommend Cobblers Nest - I dropped some boots off there on Saturday for heel repair. Picked them up on Monday evening - very professional and solid job, in fact they look better than they did new. 9.50 for bigger cowboy-type boot heel. I think that's really reasonable considering the quality of the workmanship.

Agree that hours are important for working people - Eric comes in about 10-ish in the morning but I think stays a bit later, approx 7.30pm during weekdays, so you're better off collecting repaired shoes after work if you can.
NCG
Tuesday 21 August 2012 7.26pm
Avoid Cobblers Nest on Redcross Way. I took an item in for repair in March and only received it back last week. I found the owner rude, unprofessional and racist. Despite phoning on several occasions and going in at least four times to collect it, it still took five months to be repaired, this after I was promised it back in a week.
Tuesday 21 August 2012 7.41pm
Tim's shoe repairs in The Blue, Southwark Park Road (by John Bull Arch) is reasonable (about a fiver a go) and does a good job - and I am VERY fussy about my shoes! Highly recommended.
Wednesday 22 August 2012 8.02am
I was going to recommend the cobblers down the Blue (SE16) when I saw Debra's recommendation. They are very good down there - they rescued a pair of my shoes from the rubbish over a year ago and I'm still wearing them,!
Wednesday 22 August 2012 10.19am
I like the place next to the dry cleaners on Tower Bridge Road/Grange Road opposite the disused public toilets.

|Free calls to USA & Canada | http://www.zipcall.com |
Wednesday 22 August 2012 2.51pm
My vote goes to the place on Tower Bridge Rd. Friendly and efficient.
Wednesday 22 August 2012 3.24pm
I've had two good experiences with the Tower Bridge Road establishment. I will very happily use them again and recommend them to anyone else.

Cheaper and better service than Timpsons (Sp??)

No connection etc.
Wednesday 22 August 2012 3.39pm
SimonGDS wrote:
My vote goes to the place on Tower Bridge Rd. Friendly and efficient.

Hi Simon - there are I think two shoe repair places quite close together on Tower Bridge road, one next to the dry cleaners by Barclays Bank and one a little further south through the traffic lights, just past the bus stop. It's the latter that has the "cobblers to you all" sign.

Which one are you recommending? I'm interested because I live nearby but haven't tried either yet.
Wednesday 22 August 2012 5.39pm
One by the bus stop is good. I always use them.
No connection, just a happy customer
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions