London SE1 community website

Mums Get Together

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 11 February 2010 1.24pm
JGarcia wrote:
We run a soft-play session at Downside centre 3 times a week for any kids under five. We have an area with mats for babies too.

Just wanted to say that I took my daughter along for the first time on Tueday and she loved it, we'll be going every week from now on.
Tuesday 16 February 2010 10.46pm
Hi Betsy
There is a parent and baby screening at Shortwave Cinema on Bermondsey Square this Friday (19 Feb) at 11am. We're showing Glorious 39. There are also regular kids club screenings. For a full programme go to www.shortwavefilms.co.uk.

(I should declare an interest - my husband owns the cinema, but I'm also on maternity leave and will probably be at the screening myself. Maybe see you there? I can recommend that soft play at the Downside Fisher and there are also loads of things to do at the Ellen Brown Centre on Grange Road and the children's centre at Kintore Way)

Orla D
Wednesday 17 March 2010 1.23pm
Hi Betsy! I have a daughter about the same age as yours i think (born in august), and I've been abroad (Norway)for a large part of these months so don't know too many mums around in se1 and would be happy to meet up if you'd like, or to go to one of the play centres.
:) Thora
Monday 22 March 2010 3.24pm
There are quite a few things going on. Lots are provided via the council, and unless I'm missing a trick the best way to find out is via your health visitor/whatever they call the people at the doctors who do the weighing and injections and stuff. Although I'm sure there must be info on the Sthk Council website.

They provide, e.g. baby massage, baby first aid courses, weaning workshops, etc, as well as various play groups.

There's also Little Dippers (baby drowning) at the Guys' Hydrotherapy Pool, which is a huge hit with (the as yet undrowned) Baby Ivanhoe. I suspect that this is expensive, as I've never been told what it costs (whereas I always hear when things are free).

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions