London SE1 community website

C10 bus

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7
Tuesday 27 July 2010 1.27am
I thought this may be of interest:

http://bit.ly/bqYntm

It's the Big Red Book that's issued to drivers by TFL, some enterprising person requested it under the Freedom of Information Act on the what do they know website.
Tuesday 27 July 2010 8.45pm
If the 225 went back to running its original route, it would relieve a lot of the problems on the Rotherhithe loop.

With my first hand knowledge of the arrogance of the officers at Tfl, there will be no appetite to rectify this situation unless they can score some brownie points to advance themselves at City Hall.

George.
Wednesday 20 October 2010 4.55pm
Great news about the 78 bus route, which is finally getting double-deckers.

Does anyone know if Simon Hughes ever had his C10 journey with LT bosses and, if so, what is happening about this dreadful 'service'?
Thursday 21 October 2010 10.40pm
Thought I'd add my lovely (not!)experience of the C10 last week. I was getting on at Victoria coach station with a large suitcase and a bag in the other hand. Not only did the driver pull away before I had chance to stow my case I then nearly went flying when he slammed on the brake because he'd shut the doors on an old lady trapping her hand in the door!!! His only response was he didn't see her! Maybe if he'd bothered to wait until myself and others with luggage had managed to get to a seat he would have. I've reported it to TFL but wonder if it makes any difference? I'd just been home to Cardiff and the difference in driver attitudes is phenominal, when I got on the bus the driver actually waited for me to get my case in the luggage rack before driving off - I nearly fell over then with the shock of that : ).
Friday 22 October 2010 9.14pm
Number 12 on page 10 in the Big Red Book... driver at roughly 1745 yesterday changed his destination from Canada Water to Rotherhithe. Saw him get up to change the destination sign and he bothered to tell absolutely nobody, just stopping the automated announcements altogether (surely he could press the 'The destination of this bus has changed' announcement?) He told a passenger at Newington Causeway that no, he would not be getting his fare back because he had told the passenger not to get on in the first place, and he would turn off the ignition until the passenger got off (which he did). This guy is a particularly rude and nasty repeat offender ...
Thursday 4 November 2010 3.12pm
Very good to know that the C10 is finally going to be improved, in terms of size - it's taken a long time. Having a separate exit will also help, in the comfort zone.

Nevertheless, with only an additional 10 passengers and a reduction in the number of buses at peak time, people may still be left waiting at the bus stop.

Let us also hope that the new company employs drivers with a tad more 'charm' :p
Friday 5 November 2010 11.47am
Yes, it's hard to see this as bad news, but being the cynic that I am I certainly hope the extra capacity isn't delivered the way it always is on the tube, where "making room for more passengers" is almost always a euphemism for "removing the seats".

The saving grace of the C10 is that while overcrowded and unreliable, the capacity of 47 is made up of 28 seats and room for 19 to stand. If we see fewer buses, and a capacity of 55 with say, 24 seats and room for 33 to stand, I'm not sure how much of an imporvement it will be!
Friday 5 November 2010 9.16pm
I got on the number 100 bus yesterday which is run by Abellio and the first thing I noticed (aside from an exit door) was the nice colours. The second thing I noticed was the even spacing between the seats, whereas the current C10 has 3-4 variations of leg room and some nasty peeling green paint on some of them. I am wondering if the new C10 will be like that number 100 bus.
Sunday 7 November 2010 4.14pm
Gosh there is need for improvement on this service and I regret not having complained about some of the rude and disrespectful treatment I've witnessed of passengers and would-be passengers. I don't take it that often, but most recently had to wait 30 minutes (on a Sunday...) only to find myself dumped by the Tate instead of getting to Victoria. But the worst is seeing the young and elderly being refused entry as the bus is 'full' which is not always even the case. It is the rudeness and aggressivity of some of the drivers that really sets this bus route apart.
Wednesday 8 December 2010 2.56pm
I had long ago given up writing to TFL to complain about the appalling service offered by the C10 as it was always one excuse after another and nothing ever changed.
This bus is a joke of a bus service and has led me to
often use alternative transport to that of "the lesser spotted C10" when going to work, it may mean a longer journey but is at least a reliable one but for my return journey I still use the C10 as it stops very close to my home and a 15 to 20 min wait is not so bad as I am not usually in a rush on my way home.
But yesterday (08/12/10) evenings wait was exceptional even by the C10’s dire standards, having arrived at the Borough High Street stop at 5.40 I waited till 6.25 before a C10 arrived that displayed a not in service sign at the front as it drove passed then a further 7mins went by and the next bus arrived but only going to Tate Britain which being my return stop did not affect me but it did affect other passengers who were intending to travel further, I also asked the driver why there had been an almost 1hour wait to which he replied “we’re running late”
Well that was a helpful reply, difficult as it was I had already come to that obvious conclusion, he also seemed to enjoy saying to passengers at each stop that he was “only going to Tate Britain mate”
I have recently noticed that Go-Ahead (sic) are to be replaced by Abellio who are to take over the route in March all I can say is thank god as I am sure they can not be as bad as the imbeciles who currently run this wretched dis-service.
H. Clarke.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions