London SE1 community website

C10 bus

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7
Wednesday 8 December 2010 3.35pm
We had a C10 driver laugh (evily imo)at us as he put his foot down and sped away from outside Surrey Docks Farm on 30th October at around 4.30pm.
There were about 8 of us with kids and a pushchair, just reached the other side of the road where the bus stop is about 10 metres away. We all flagged him down and he did not stop.

I avoid this bus at all costs.
Thursday 9 December 2010 12.52pm
I got a bus Tuesday morning going to Victoria that changed to Tate as there was another one right behind it - trouble was the other one had already gone past and there was no attempt to get him to stop and wait so the bus could transfer.
on the same day going home after a 35 min wait I got a bus that showed Canada Water which was jam packed (entertaining row as people were too crowded). The driver was told to change to Rotherhite at the Borough and she requested the other bus that overtook just before wait so she could transfer her passengers going to Canada Water to which she got the response to just show Rotherhithe.
It has got a lot worse again-they know they have lost the route and just don't care about passengers
Friday 10 December 2010 12.17am
dee dee wrote:
I got a bus Tuesday morning going to Victoria that changed to Tate as there was another one right behind it - trouble was the other one had already gone past and there was no attempt to get him to stop and wait so the bus could transfer.

If you're going all the way to Victoria then as long as you wait until Millbank you should be able to pick up the 507, which while a hassle is likely to be quicker in most cases than sitting on the C10 while it meanders aimlessly around Pimlico.
Friday 10 December 2010 9.17am
going to Ebury Bridge so need C10 unfortunately!!
Friday 10 December 2010 4.42pm
Does anyone know where we stand with TFL on the buses when then terminate early? Can we, legally as well as morally, freely hop on the next C10 going all the way to Canada Water or are we supposed to pay a second time?

Has anyone any experience of getting caught/fined by doing this?
Friday 10 December 2010 4.59pm
If you have a read of this Bus Drivers' Rule Book you'll see that if you're using PAYG Oyster and the driver changes the destination en route, you can ask for a transfer ticket and they have to give it to you.

And, do not fall for the line used often if you try to board another number bus to get where you're going - "That's only valid on the same route." Not true, according to the BRB. Now quoted with much cheer on my part, and much disgruntlement(?) on the drivers'.
Tuesday 14 December 2010 8.33am
The good news is we are getting a new company and new buses

The bad news is I heard a driver saying today that the current drivers are transferring to the new company!
Wednesday 15 December 2010 6.16pm
La Martinet wrote:
If you have a read of this Bus Drivers' Rule Book you'll see that if you're using PAYG Oyster and the driver changes the destination en route, you can ask for a transfer ticket and they have to give it to you.
And, do not fall for the line used often if you try to board another number bus to get where you're going - "That's only valid on the same route." Not true, according to the BRB. Now quoted with much cheer on my part, and much disgruntlement(?) on the drivers'.

Thanks La Martinet!
Saturday 15 January 2011 4.45pm
dee dee wrote:
The bad news is I heard a driver saying today that the current drivers are transferring to the new company!

That is indeed bad news. I hope they get a real shake up.

The change is due in March, am I right? Any more buses for the weekends planned?
Thursday 27 January 2011 12.31pm
it seems to be worse than ever now-today a really long wait then an elephant and castle bus only-why they run these is beyond me-then a really packed Victoria bus which decided at the Elephant to change detination to the Tate. The driver transferred us at Lambeth Road so his bus emptied and the one behind filled up. I cannot see the logic! this seems to be happening every day now.

Last week they terminated our bus at the Tate saying there was one behind and we waited 11 minutes for the next one to turn up

roll on March and hope the new company can make a bettter job!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions