London SE1 community website

C10 bus

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7
Friday 28 January 2011 10.13am
There must be something evil about the number 10 Deedee and getting to work! at risk of repeating myself , years ago I worked different shifts at westminster hospital , my boss was truly unbelieving when I told him I had waited for 50 minutes for the ruddy bus before jumping in a taxi. The comment made was he could understand me being late in rush hour for 9am start, but not for 11 or 2pm start.

Finishing at 10pm I would not even wait for a bus but walked all the way to the Brick.

Oddly enough my brother who is a very laid back person and very rarely uses the c10 complained about the attitude of the driver to some of his passengers.
Friday 28 January 2011 11.29am
well today was the third morning in a row we were kicked off at the Tate which is very annoying-I have complained and was told that bus companies only do this in exceptional circumstances - it happens nearly evey day on the C10 and the only thing exceptional on this route is the fact it is so bad and even the driver agreed this morning!

it is frustrating Jan in particular when we are constantly told to use public transport and then find it is not up to the job. Many people rely on this route to get to St Thomas' or Guys following the reallocation of services in particular the old or infirm so you would think having a decent service would be a priority.
Friday 28 January 2011 12.00pm
Thinking about it I think that the new company that will be running the route should be made aware of this forum. I can't say I've got the time to look into it, but I do have an interest as it may soon become my closest bus service. This is in particular in view of them taking on the existing drivers.
Friday 28 January 2011 10.03pm
Just seen a phantom appararition in tonites "Hustle". A No C10 us on Lambeth Bridge. And in broad daylight too.
Don't see that often.
Friday 28 January 2011 10.40pm
Yes, I noticed that in tonight's 'Hustle' and had a chuckle.

Earlier today, around 2.45pm, I quietly cursed as I missed one at Canada Water by seconds. In less than 5 minutes, another one appeared. I pity those who had to wait for the next one......
Saturday 29 January 2011 1.24pm
dee dee wrote:
well today was the third morning in a row we were kicked off at the Tate which is very annoying-I have complained and was told that bus companies only do this in exceptional circumstances - it happens nearly evey day on the C10 and the only thing exceptional on this route is the fact it is so bad and even the driver agreed this morning!

This is what I have dealt with for ages commuting at peak time on the C10 - terminating early at Tate Britain because of heavy traffic at the Elephant, road works, or because one or two drivers are lazy and don't care. There was a period of about six months where I knew I would be kicked off at Tate Britain at least twice or three times a week. All it took was a little squawk from the radio and I knew straightaway. Now, that's the controller doing that, but some of those drivers STILL terminate early seemingly on their own whims and really do need to go.
Saturday 29 January 2011 11.09pm
i had the misfortune to travel on one recently which "terminated" at the tate. no announcement was made and a slanging match ensued between the driver and remaining passengers. With no advice or direction he closed the doors and continued onto the vauxhall road stop, dropping people off as usual. he then astoundingly drove off at a mad pace, hitting a cyclist (fortunately he was not badly injured) speeding off directly toward victoria down vauxhall bridge road and stopped at Victoria station. Never mind the fact that I and the remaining passengers wanted to get off at the stops between Pimlico and Victoria on the regular route!

Sadly Im used to being ejected at the tate, and even that would have been preferable to the run back to work from Victoria at that point.

Please someone tell me the date this farce of a route will change?! Ive started taking the tube again to cope with the annoyance!
Monday 21 February 2011 3.56pm
TfL's list of bus service changes says this for the C10 from Saturday 19 March:

"New timetable introduced on all days of the week. Monday to Friday peak-hours frequencies revised buses to run every 10 minutes over the whole length of the route."

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 2 March 2011 5.31pm
Another unpleasant C10 experience.

A guy got on a very empty C10 at Elephant & Castle with a very small kiddies bike.
The driver rudely shouted at him to get off as he did not take bikes on HIS bus. The man said it was small and could go in the luggage rack but the driver turned the engine off and said 'I am not going anywhere until you get off, so get off or deal with the police'
Other passengers could not believe the stupidity of this driver but the bloke had to get off or the driver would not move as he continued his 'get off, no bikes' rant.
I think the bloke was only going a couple of stops to pick up a kid from school.

I wonder how it feels to be so insignificant that you have to exert your 'power' as a C10 bus driver.

The yellow number on the side was 242 and it was 3.15pm. I will forward this on to the garage.
Thursday 3 March 2011 7.51am
I don't want to generalise, but... erm, actually I'm going to: most bus drivers have not been to charm school, on this route or any other. I often witness bus drivers communicating with individual passengers using abrupt, ill-mannered grunts. There have been exceptions, but not enough to disprove the rule. Maybe it's something that the job just does to you after a while. Maybe if I became a bus driver I'd be the same. I'd like to think not, but there's only one way to find out. And... well, no thanks.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions