London SE1 community website

C10 bus

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7
Sunday 13 March 2011 11.22am
New timetable: http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/C10new.pdf

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 19 March 2011 11.09am
Today is the first day of the Abellio contract

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 20 March 2011 8.42pm
Thank you, James. I wonder if anyone told them! The new buses are running but the frequency is, as ever, appalling.

I arrived 5 minutes before the 13.50hrs and ended up waiting 35 minutes. Two buses arrived together - the first one, to Canada Water, filled to the rafters. The one behind, to Rotherhithe, was slightly less full.

The drivers was not helpful, when I asked him about the delay, and crawled at a snail's pace. A 9 minute journey took 15 minutes and there was little traffic, nor did we stop at every bus stop.

I was half an hour late for lunch and had another lengthy wait in Rotherhithe, when I returned.

Not a good start :(
Sunday 20 March 2011 10.17pm
Sounds like we went through the same experience in the opposite direction today...

It showed up 20 mins late and we had to wait 35 mins for our return home!!
Shiny new bus... same crappy old service... Just goes to show that you can't polish a turd!
Monday 21 March 2011 8.57am
yep nice new buses same old terrible service. Waited ages for a bus to come along this morning then 2 came along at once-still thankful they did not terminate one at the Tate-saying that they were both pretty full so would not have worked. Part of the problem was the driver openend the back doors let everyone off then closed the back doors and then opened the front doors rather than doing it whilst people were getting off so took ages to fill up the bus-still they have to get used to the 2 doors

will give them a chance and see what happens
Monday 21 March 2011 9.02am
WHAT is their problem??? I love the C10 in principle, but it is the most frustrating bloody route. Who do I talk to to find out why it's so haphazard and unreliable?
Monday 21 March 2011 11.55am
I've just spoken to a very pleasant woman at Abellio [the new contractor] and she is going to look into the weekend's service.

However, she pointed out that it is still to TFL that we should write, so:

customerservices@tfl-buses.co.uk

and there's no harm about giving Abellio some feedback, too:

http://www.abellio.co.uk/feedback-form.html
Monday 21 March 2011 12.29pm
I have just received a call back from the helpful young lady. She informed me that the Thames Water works in Jamaica Road and other roadworks in Victoria were the cause of yesterday's delays.........

I still don't see why that means two buses arrive together!
Monday 21 March 2011 7.43pm
dee dee wrote:
Part of the problem was the driver openend the back doors let everyone off then closed the back doors and then opened the front doors rather than doing it whilst people were getting off so took ages to fill up the bus-still they have to get used to the 2 doors

No, this is quite deliberate when the buses are full and in my view a very good thing.

What happens if you open both doors at once on a full bus is that people who are near the front doors try to get off at them, charging into a crowd of people who have all surged to the door to try and cram themselves onto the packed bus. Meanwhile, at the back door, there are usually a few enterprising youngsters trying to squeeze themselves on - whether out of fear that they won't get on at the front because the bus is too crowded, or in the hope of getting a free ride while the driver is distracted by the melee at the front.
Monday 21 March 2011 7.45pm
Double post when I tried to edit to add "with the end result that nobody can get on or off until everyone sorts themselves out". No idea why.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions