London SE1 community website

C10 bus

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7
Tuesday 22 March 2011 9.25am
normally they open the front doors as the bus is clearing at the back which avoids the melee with most people having cleared the front area so people can get on-this is the general way it is done on most routes i have travelled on. I think it was more the time they take to open and close the doors that is of concern-we sat there for a good 20 seconds between the back doors closing and the front one opening which caused a lot of delay

they were a bit better this moring although one lady did get thrown off as there was a double buggy in the wheelchair bit and she could not squeeze hers in and it was ruled dangerous as blocking the exit
Wednesday 23 March 2011 7.04pm
Yeah, I guess. I had my first experience of the new C10 today - not for want of trying, but everywhere I get the C10 I have a backup option that's more regular but slightly less convenient, so I get on whatever comes first.

I thought the journey was much smoother. My fears were somewhat justified - the new buses have the same number of seats, 28, as the old ones, but the extra standing capacity (29 rather than 19) is additional rather than at the expense of seats, and taken together with the back doors does make for a less cramped experience even when the bus is close to full.

There was a funny smell. Will find out next time I get a C10 whether that was the bus or the passengers I guess.
Thursday 24 March 2011 1.05pm
Today's reply from TFL:

Thank you for your email regarding the service problems of bus route C10.

From 08.00 Monday 14 March until 16.00 Thursday 30 June C10 buses will experience serious delays due to Victorian mains replacement works on Jamaica Road.

Also I am sure I donít have to tell you that we expect the very highest standards of courtesy and behaviour from all of our staff and this is especially true of bus drivers. We understand that they are in many ways the face of London Buses, and realise how important it is that they are polite and as helpful as possible when dealing with members of the public and doing their job.

Abellio operate the C10 service on our behalf, and I have contacted them to let them know what you have told me about the attitude of some of their drivers. They will remind all drivers to speak clearly and politely to the public at all times.

Thank you for your comments and please do not hesitate to be in contact if I can be of any further assistance.

Yours sincerely

Robert Marenghi
Customer Service Advisor
Thursday 24 March 2011 1.13pm
I love the new buses! I am 6"4, so on the old bus I could only sit on one back seat, the seats at the front for the elderly or the two seats at the very front where my knees would get in the way of people walking past. Now there is a big more legroom AND an exit! Hooray! The exit is the best bit. I am very happy.

I only really get the C10 to work from Pimlico, and at least there it is on time 90% of the time. On the way home I generally get the 188/381 to waterloo and change for the 507 but if I see the C10 I will leg it to Abbey Street from Jamaica Road.
Thursday 24 March 2011 1.37pm
Agree with you James on the height-i am just under 6 foot but have really long legs and was really restricted to where i could sit on the old buses so much better

Also Monday was a bad day but since seem to have improved a lot but still reserving overall judgement for a few weeks yet!!

there are a lot of road works on the route at the moment- there is a diversion at Ebury Bridge so buses going a longer way round, road works at London Road, The Borough and Jamaica road so doing well to keep on track
t
Sunday 10 April 2011 5.48am
the driver who wheres the black hat is cute he use to be on the route before i think lol
Monday 11 April 2011 12.51pm
This bus route is still so unreliable - last week waited 38 minutes for a bus and was late. 3 days earlier I ran ('ran', rather I lolloped as am 8 months pregnant) got to the back of the bus and he pulled off after making eye contact in the mirrors. I almost cried!! But then I swore I'LL NEVER RUN FOR BUSES AGAIN! *stands on Primrose Hill, overlooking London, at sunset*
Monday 11 April 2011 1.03pm
i waited an hour for one Friday night then gave up and got a cab
Thursday 23 June 2011 1.21pm
Without me (re)reading all the way through this thread, can anyone tell me where I can write a complaint to (and any appropriate place to cc to)? I was on the Horseferry Road quite late last night, not feeling all that good at all. I'd used the route on Tuesday to get to and from St Thomas' Day Surgery unit without trouble, for a very minor op. Then rested for the recommended 24 hours and thought I was fine to go out to something on the same direct bus route. I waited for more than 45 minutes. Saw one bus go by with all numbers and signs switched off but was not worried, sure I could wait. When finally a bus steamed past at full belt, in quite an aggressive manner, it was nearly more than I could cope with. If I hadn't taken a taxi then, I'd have had to wait for an hour, but the thought that the next bus might do the same thing, did not help the situation. I'm actually now having another day off work today and I'm sure if one of the buses I might have taken in that time had come and actually stopped, then I would be at work today, albeit feeling slightly ropey. I've always been aware of the importance of this service to both Guy's and St T's and yesterday I really got the raw end of it!! It is beyond me how any bus driver in their right mind at gone 11pm at night can do that. I was not accompanied, though by that time there were also others waiting. Noone else who'd waited anything like as much time so I failed to get interest in a taxi-share. Are the drivers following instructions from on high when they do this? I've seen it happen before, but never when I was quite so desperate to get home.

On Tuesday when I got to the bus stop, a van was just driving away that had covered the stop in signs saying it was closed due to road works. (There were none.) I walked to the next stop, just in case, but was curious to see if the bus stopped or not. It didn't, and of course a passenger was complaining when I boarded. I too told him it was ridiculous. The driver shouted out to the van driver who'd also stopped - quite chuffed with himself to get the affirmation that the stop was closed. Again, this is utterly senseless...
Thursday 23 June 2011 4.14pm
TFL web site has a complaints section-they reply in a few days
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions