London SE1 community website

C10 bus

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7
Tuesday 27 September 2011 11.47am
I was on the C10 again this morning, earlier than I usually take it. It only stopped at about half the stops between Rotherhithe and Long Lane. There was plenty of room for people to squeeze up and make more space but only once did the driver switch on the announcement for people to make more room. Refusing to let people on at a stop just before lots get off is shameless behaviour. Only once did anyone complain, and that was when a bloke had walked from the stop that where he'd been refused on, to the next stop in time to catch it. The school kids who hadn't done likewise were all probably destined to be late for school... This line badly needs more or bigger buses. The minor recent improvement is just not enough.
Thursday 29 March 2012 5.14pm
I was nearly killed by the C10 bus this evening. It failed to stop when I was in the middle of the Abbey Street crossing near Bermondsey Square and I had to jump out of the way to avoid a premature death.

Why do the buses need to travel so fast along Long Lane, in any case? The bus pulled into the stop 10m East of this crossing and the Tower Bridge Road red light were on red.

Does anyone know who to direct my complaint to? Is the C10 still Abellio?
Thursday 29 March 2012 5.31pm
go on to the tfl web site there is a complaint area on there
Friday 30 March 2012 8.29am
dee dee wrote:
go on to the tfl web site there is a complaint area on there

Thanks dee dee, I've now done this.
Friday 30 March 2012 9.31am
That crossing by Bermondsey Square is incredibly dangerous. Does anybody know if there's anything being done about it?
Friday 30 March 2012 11.30am
Agreed not in a good spot people just walk out of Bermondsey street and straight on to the crossing without looking was better where it was before
Friday 30 March 2012 12.54pm
I'd keep that one there and put a hump or two on the other side of Bermondsey Street (towards Simon the Tanner) so that that the cars, vans, taxis and now C10 buses - that have ignored me at that crossing to travel 20m down Abbey Street just to join the back of a queue - are forced to travel slower even before they get to the crossing.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions