London SE1 community website

Worst takeaway ever?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7
Monday 28 June 2004 11.00am
Indeed - I agree; I wouldn't have tried it had no one spoken up in the first place!
Monday 28 June 2004 11.05am

the one I would recommend (takeaway only) is 'Tandoori Nights'

(don't be put off by the name)

on Trinity Street.

yum yum.
Monday 28 June 2004 11.22am
I will try it, on your recommendation Red Bus!
Tuesday 7 November 2006 10.29am
Seems a bit confusing this thread. I did a review of the Bridge Tandoori - see the 'read reviews' section on it.
Tuesday 7 November 2006 11.20am
Plum wrote:
Tower Tandoori (South end of TB Rd) is indeed good. Good food, reasonable prices and friendly staff. I've been going for the last 10 years. Do take-away, but do not deliver.

Agreed, Tower Tandoori is great and the two brothers that run it are excellent at making you feel welcome and advising on what dishes to choose.
Tuesday 7 November 2006 12.39pm
This is one chinese to stay away from

New Peking Inn
9, Milroy Walk, London

Food is really bland, they just add heaps of salt to it

shut down a while ago but they are back up and running. Not sure why they where shut down though
JQL
Wednesday 8 November 2006 9.46am
Having re-read this thread I can't quite believe how much good publicity Simply Indian gets. I have only had three takeaways from there over the last 2 years and all have be fairly poor - accompanied on two occassions by a very rude little man who was also far too aggressive for a man of such limited stature.

Anyway, don't they also serve you a side order of raw sewage (slightly exaggerated)- if a previous post on a different thread is to be believed?
Wednesday 8 November 2006 10.03am
JQL wrote:
accompanied on two occassions by a very rude little man who was also far too aggressive for a man of such limited stature.

So, what's the universal unit of measurement to assess this? Decibels as a percentage of height in inches?
JQL
Wednesday 8 November 2006 11.28am
Close...it is defined as:

Amount of attitude (scale of 0 to 7) multiplied by the likelihood of spending two weeks in hospital eating through a straw (1-100) divided
by height in inches.

This will give a Wayne Kerr* score. A score of 10 or more is a "Total Wayne Kerr". The munchkin at Simply Indian scored 11.66.

* Scale devised by eminent Social Anthropologist Professor Kerr of Strathclyde University.
Wednesday 8 November 2006 12.08pm
JQL wrote:

Amount of attitude (scale of 0 to 7)

I should have known one would have to use the Grant Mitchell Index somewhere in the calculation.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions