London SE1 community website

Worst takeaway ever?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7
Wednesday 8 November 2006 1.11pm
also known as SPS (short person syndrome) - Napoleon had it, so does Richard Hammond, and Tom Cruise.
Friday 10 November 2006 2.43pm
Sorry, the WORST takeaway ever is from the Chinese on Abbey Street.
Tower Tandoori just aren't in their league.
Monday 13 November 2006 5.59pm
Tower Tandoori is dreadful. We have had 2 bad meals from there and will never go back.
Monday 13 November 2006 9.50pm
Agreed, had a sweet and sour from the Abbey Street takeaway - was just a lump of chicken in bright orange gloop.
Monday 13 November 2006 11.36pm
Once tried the Chinese takeaway on London Road (near Elephant) - greasy and unpleasant, and ridiculously huge yet horrible spring rolls. Thank god for Tai Tip Mein!
Tuesday 14 November 2006 3.42pm
Does anybody know whether Thames Spice on the Borough Market end of Redcross Way is reopening soon? I had some very tasty takeaways from there last year while working late on Southwark Bridge Road, and I'd like to know whether it's being reopened as a similar resturant or not.
Saturday 16 June 2007 7.13pm
hi that been sold and the neew resturant is mango tree its so much better u must try it out
Saturday 16 June 2007 8.28pm
Do you work there?
Monday 18 June 2007 7.47am
Much though I'd love to love Tower Tandoori (because it's literally just around the corner from where I live), unfortunately both times I've eaten there I've found the food bland and the portions mean.

I usually order from Morley Tandoori - their food's usually pretty good. Although they can never find my flat.

Oh and no-one's mentioned pizzas yet. Allow me to recommend Presto on Tower Bridge Road (Bricklayers Arms end) - good bases, fresh and flavoursome toppings.
Thursday 21 June 2007 5.56pm
Best Indian cuisine we've found over the years is Imperial Tandoori opposite Lambeth Police Station.

Excellent food, great value, with a discount if you collect your order.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions