London SE1 community website

Real Egyptian Falafel and Fuul on Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Saturday 13 March 2010 8.44pm
thanks pops. orering now...
Sunday 14 March 2010 8.02am
I ordered from Ali's last night. Food was surprisingly good and it came with a free bottle of pepsi. I'd def order from them again. Thanks Pops for reccomendation.
Sunday 14 March 2010 9.23am
Gavin Smith wrote:
I ordered from Ali's last night. Food was surprisingly good and it came with a free bottle of pepsi. I'd def order from them again. Thanks Pops for reccomendation.

Your welcome. Definatley value for money!
Wednesday 24 March 2010 9.21pm
Well, back to Only Fools and Falafels...

Went down tonight and ordered two lamb/chicken shish (mixed). Very reasonable price - 4.25 each.

The nice man gave me some free soup whilst I waited which was certainly very tasty. However, the wait turned into a 25-minute wait which was obviously boring. There was also a bit of confusion over orders (there were two other customers) and I think the staff were flapping a bit.

However, the food was very good and authentic and the staff (and other customers) were very friendly. It was worth the wait, although I would advise telephone ordering in advance to 'beat the queue'.

All in all: Very good value for money, delicious, tasty and authentic food and nice staff; however, be prepared for a bit of a wait. This place isn't your run-of-the-mill doner outlet and they serve proper grub.
Wednesday 21 April 2010 1.22pm
I was so excited to try this place out as I am somewhat addicted to falafels. Unfortunately it was quite disappointing. The falafels were soft and there were only 2 in my pita, the pita bread was standard and I was charged 50p extra for feta that made no appearance in my pita when I opened it back at the office! We really need some better independent cafes around se1, such a shame I wont be going back to this one.
Sunday 25 April 2010 12.06pm
I will say I went along there with a colleague and - again after a 25 minute wait at lunch I was served a very nice pitta with lamb. Unfortunately the 25 minute wait rather detracted from the enjoyment. If I'm going to get take-out it should be quicker than that!
Sunday 25 April 2010 10.17pm
25 minutes? Oh dear. I've been there a few times, but I've always phoned ahead (luckily I'd seen a previous report of long waits). Usually quoted 10-15 minutes and has always been ready when i arrived. The Lamb Shish in a Pitta with hummous is great. It's on my way home so a quick phone call when I get to Tower Bridge and teas sorted =)
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions