London SE1 community website

The Goldsmith

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6
Thursday 30 September 2010 1.27pm
DaisySE1 wrote:
This pub is fab. I've just been for the first time and loved it. The interior was really lovely..glamorous old pub feel (my favourite)...and the food was delicious. A new favourite!

I support this... The early teething problems are out of the way and now it's superb. Staff very friendly and great food.
Saturday 9 October 2010 6.20pm
drinks and dinner at the goldsmith last night. excellent in every respect...but the place half empty. why? can't understand it. this pub deserves to be packed on a friday or saturday night
Tuesday 12 October 2010 2.38pm
How strange, I had a lovely meal there the Friday before and it was absolutely packed - managed to get a table upstairs (which was better as not so noisy so could hear my friends' conversation). Food delicious and the service was excellent and friendly.
Sunday 12 December 2010 2.43pm
Just went for Sunday Lunch - the place was suspiciously quiet, just us and a couple of others who were drinking but not eating. Anyway we ordered the roast beef which, claimed to be 28 day aged and was a hefty 12 per head. Anyway when it arrived the beef was very overcooked tasting more like something you would get in a back street pub for 4.99. The vegetables were equally bland. It wasn't inedible but for nearly 30 once you add in service (and one half of cider) not a good deal and we won't be going back. Shame because the place looks nice but I would avoid it ....
Saturday 18 December 2010 6.41am
What did the staff at the Goldsmith have to say psouper??
Sunday 19 December 2010 10.09pm
we went last weekend for sunday lunch.arrived about 1ish when it was still quiet. we both had the beef followed by desserts. The meal was fine, service was good. I would say that the food is at a level that i would expect for the price. 12 is fair for a sunday lunch. (we paid 16 each today at another pub)
im surprised that someone found their meals substandard.

cheers
phil
Sunday 19 December 2010 10.19pm
eaten there several times...always good
Thursday 4 May 2017 3.47pm
Only just noticed that this place has closed - is it permanent?
Thursday 4 May 2017 5.33pm
It's been closed for quite awhile. I'll be interested to see what comes next, no one has ever managed to make much of a success of its location.
Thursday 4 May 2017 10.36pm
About 4 weeks ago I saw a workman coming out of it and asked him what was going on with it. He said it was being refurbished as a pub and was nearly ready to be open. Didn't know when that would be.

It must have been closed 6 months or more now though, so whoever owns it isn't in much of a hurry.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions