London SE1 community website

Tabard St by St George the Martyr

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next
Current: 12 of 13
Friday 16 September 2011 11.51am
I totally agree but the problem is that whoever is in charge keep saying that in the future it will be fixed after some works have been done.. Result is that it is a constant building site and no estathic solution is made.
Friday 16 September 2011 5.09pm
The usually interested Cllr McNally has gone very quiet on this one recently!
Friday 2 March 2012 12.28pm
This rather amused me on my walk through the lovely Tabard St this morning. Not sure Maggie Hambling needs to waste her time and prestige given the creative types watching over the space. There's a wonderful degree of tension in that arrangement.

Friday 2 March 2012 1.23pm
Amazing, the blokes who placed those covers back after the most recent work on the drainage didn't work out the correct sequence. Don't let them near a jigsaw puzzle.

But, I think you're on to something. Break up more of the brick pavement features and get a dim-witted contractor to piece them back together in a random way. Far more texturally interesting than what is there at the moment.
Friday 2 March 2012 8.47pm
It may well have been someone messing about but it made me smile and yes, it adds detail and a point of interest to a terminally bleak area.
Friday 8 June 2012 5.46pm
Huge tree came down here today. :-(
Looks terribly empty on Tabard St now.
Hope the council replace the railings (the same not some cheap alternative) and replant a tree quickly.
Not that I will see it in its glory.
I expect that big ol' tree had been just a sapling during Dickens day.
Friday 8 June 2012 8.56pm
Even him upstairs isn't impressed with the 're-development' (I'm sorry but I'm not going to sanction it by calling it a Piazza!). Sad to see an old tree come down though.
Friday 8 June 2012 8.56pm
Surely it's down to the church to replace it's railings?
Shame about the tree but at least no-one was hurt. It is pretty lucky given the size of the area it's covering in the pics.
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/6064
Friday 8 June 2012 9.09pm
Perhaps there's a silver lining and the whole area will be looked at again for a quality finish?
Saturday 9 June 2012 12.06pm
Yes, @Tolstoy, that's exactly what I was thinking! Right now the area looks absolutely horrible. It makes no sense that this prominent part of the city should not have a finish at least equally as nice as the little plaza on GDS by Roebuck Pub.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next
Current: 12 of 13

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions