London SE1 community website

Tabard St by St George the Martyr

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Current: 13 of 13
Sunday 10 June 2012 10.23am
I could not agree more with Tolstoy and james127. Tim McNally had promised a better finish quite a while ago (before the elections? not sure if he is still around), and James thought the area was due for improvements last summer (after drainage repairs, I believe) but nothing has happened and the whole area is awful. I thought the original contractors were expected to make the area better. Maybe the Church's public liability insurers will now pay for repairs?

It would be nice if the local councillors showed some interest and posted on this thread.
Sunday 10 June 2012 2.28pm
now that is rather expecting a lot!! the original job was a shambles for which no one took any accountability. The only time you are likely to hear from a Councillor is when they want your vote.
Zoe
Sunday 10 June 2012 5.41pm
Ar we talking about the little square on one side or the road they blocked off on the other?
Sunday 10 June 2012 6.00pm
The road they blocked off.
Pics here.
Zoe
Sunday 10 June 2012 6.31pm
Thanks B, I actually couldn't tell from the pics, but when I think about it the big trees are on that side.

What's wrong with it? From afar it looks ok, but I haven't been down that road for ages and of course you need to use an area to understand the pros and cons.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Current: 13 of 13

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions