London SE1 community website

Tabard St by St George the Martyr

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 13
Tuesday 4 May 2010 7.34pm
anwa wrote:
What about grass and more plants?

I like the sentiment, but more plants means more long-term maintenance, therefore money to pay for that, or yet more more volunteer effort. Can't see either happening anytime soon. Perhaps a couple of allotments could have been created there, maintained by local residents. Would have needed funding, organisation and managing but could have been a nice, fun twist on creating a 'community' space.
Sunday 6 June 2010 11.23pm
And............

When is this going to be finished ????
Monday 7 June 2010 6.37am
it looks a mess
Monday 7 June 2010 4.06pm
The Tarmac looks awful and if that's it finished the council need a refund and dig it up and start again . It looks like patchwork Tarmac . Bring back good old fashion cobbles .
Monday 7 June 2010 5.02pm
Trundle wrote:
The Tarmac looks awful and if that's it finished the council need a refund and dig it up and start again . It looks like patchwork Tarmac . Bring back good old fashion cobbles .

It isn't finished. The tarmac had to 'settle', further to which the bicycle rack positions were determined, marked, holes driled and posts fixed. I'm not sure what else needs to be done before the final finish is applied, but agree it would be nice to see it finished soon. Meanwhile the weeds establish themselves and a few morons have another opportunity to play 'lets push over the protective barriers' game.
Tuesday 8 June 2010 1.51pm
I just dont understand why it takes so long for it to be finished - it has taken weeks so far - I am currently in China and dont expect it to be finished when I get back in 2 weeks time.....!! Shal I bring some workers back with me to do it instead ??

I am sure it WILL be lovely when done, and indeed will be a vast improvement on the bus parking space that it was before......but come on chaps, get on with it !!!
Tuesday 8 June 2010 2.30pm
I'm only guessing here, but this was started whilst we had a Lib Dem council, perhaps our new Labour council has no intention of finishing the site
Tuesday 8 June 2010 8.00pm
more of Labour's scorched earth policy then...
Wednesday 9 June 2010 12.05pm
Can someone tell me (timmcn's posts above) what "Trinity St piazza" is?

After some reflection, I can only think that it refers to the bit of tarmac outside the Roebuck.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 9 June 2010 3.53pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
I can only think that it refers to the bit of tarmac outside the Roebuck.

I assume he means the junction with Great Dover Street that has new benches and things. I admire his ambitious label for it. It's certainly a little better than the Tabard Street tarmac.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 13

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions