London SE1 community website

Tabard St by St George the Martyr

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 13
Wednesday 23 June 2010 4.26pm
The councillors for this area are:

Tim McNally
[email protected]

Claire Hickson
[email protected]

Poddy Clark
[email protected]

Might be worht asking them when the Library will be getting a new front door too.
Wednesday 23 June 2010 4.40pm
Shifty wrote:
One can only hope it's an interim measure to stop traffic cutting through off Long Lane in the mornings, and that the space will be properly landscaped when Borough High Street is evenutally upgraded.

I used to live at that end of Long Lane (02-05) and when I moved in that part of Tabard Street flowed from BHS onto Long Lane relieveing much of the congestion which now clogs up the BHS-Gt Dover St- Long Lane intersection. Shortly afterwards the traffic flow was reversed and the space was moslt used as a bus stand as there was no clear way through fopr the reverse flow.

That change (presumably done to provide TfL with a bus park) did not aid local residents or traffic users as road users cause more problems when they are static (noise and air pollution) than when moving.

While it seems sensible to reacquaint St George the Martyr with the park which was once it's churchyard, I think it might have been better spent and the improvement of the traffic flow back onto Long Lane would have assisted road users (including very significant levels of public transport and bus users).
Wednesday 23 June 2010 6.10pm
its a rotten job done on the cheap
Wednesday 23 June 2010 7.32pm
I have emailed Mr McNally today to ask him to update us on his previous posting on this thread to answer 1. When the roadworks will completed and 2. Why they are not as he previously stated they are
Thursday 24 June 2010 12.42pm
Well the workers from Conway are doing some work on this area today - lets see if it ever gets finally finished !
Friday 25 June 2010 12.31pm
boroughmark wrote:
I have emailed Mr McNally today to ask him to update us on his previous posting on this thread to answer 1. When the roadworks will completed and 2. Why they are not as he previously stated they are

I have just received an update:

- the weeds have been sprayed

- the bonded stone goes in next week

- the turf starts to go in next week

- the benches will be going in over the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully this will get the project back on track.

Tim

Cllr Tim McNally
LibDem Member for Chaucer Ward
Shadow Cabinet Member for Resources
Chair, Environment & Transport Scrutiny
London Borough of Southwark
020 7525 7161 office
07903 967 809 mobile
Friday 25 June 2010 12.44pm
Thank you for the update !
Tuesday 29 June 2010 10.12pm
The 'bonded stone' is being applied as I type....bloody noisy process it is too. Oh ye of little faith, we'll have scope for another critique of the workmanship by tomorrow.
Wednesday 30 June 2010 4.34pm
I think we should all stand around with clipboards and assess the standard of works as they progress day by day. I bags a yellow safety helmet.
Friday 2 July 2010 1.40pm
I think it is looking rather nice now.....
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 13

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions