London SE1 community website

Southwark/Bermondsey Running Clubs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 3 May 2010 6.10pm
I'm keen to join a running club. Does anyone know of any running clubs in the SE16 or SE1 areas?
Monday 3 May 2010 10.09pm
Rosie - not a running club as such, but my wife and a few other local mums try and go running every Wednesday evening. They tend to meet in Shad Thames and do a few 'laps' crossing various bridges. If you're interested then PM me and I will give you my wife's mobile number. It's an open thing - anyone welcome to join them I think.
Tuesday 4 May 2010 9.55pm
Not sure if you're willing to venture north of the river, but the Sweaty Betty running shop does a running night on Tuesdays - meets at 6:15, we do runs from the shop around the area, usually covering around 5-7 km plus drills, stretching, etc. I'd highly recommend it, the group is friendly, ranges from 10-18 ladies of all levels. The shop also does a nice promotion for new participants - if you come to the class 5 times you get a complimentary shirt of your choice (up to a certain amount). After 10 runs you can buy a half price pair of trainers!
KO
Wednesday 5 May 2010 2.46pm
sounds good, where is the Sweaty Betty running shop? Thanks
Wednesday 5 May 2010 9.19pm
Thanks for your replies. The Sweaty Betty running group sounds good! Yes, where is it? Also, are there changing facilities if I come straight from work?
hmp
Monday 2 August 2010 8.58pm
Just seen this advertised: http://www.cityrunnersclub.co.uk/

They meet on Tuesdays on Bermondsey Street.
Sunday 15 August 2010 1.25pm
Hi,

Soho Gyms In Waterloo have a running club every Friday morning at 7.30am.

Please see below for a link to the running club.Running Club Link

Call the Waterloo club on 0845 270 9270 for more information.

Chris
Sunday 27 October 2013 6.55pm
Hi all,

I'm starting a running club tomorrow @ 18:30; everyone is welcomed!

It'll be different as focusses on technique with the overall aim to improve speed and core strength.

Check out my ad; I've been a PT in SE1 & SE16 for over 7 years and teach yoga so love combining it all in to running. Hope to see you there!

http://www.gymanda.com/home/item/running-club-se16-mondays-1830

Amanda : )
Thursday 5 January 2017 3.37pm
Are there any running clubs still going on in SE1 / Around London Bridge?
Thursday 5 January 2017 6.28pm
London city runners have gone from strength to strength. Run by an extremely nice chap. http://www.londoncityrunners.com/club_information.php

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions