London SE1 community website

Been to vote!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Friday 7 May 2010 10.12am
Neil - perhaps I need to make it clear for you - Brown is an unelected Prime Minister - and appears to still be in that position.
Friday 7 May 2010 10.18am
At Charles Dickens where I voted, there was a lib dem gentleman asking for you card number or post code . He DID not ask anything else or about how you voted.
Inside was a chaotic and long queues, mainly because only two volunteers checking cards and there seeme to be alot of errors. However it has got to be done. And I too was pleased to see so many people.
Friday 7 May 2010 10.21am
Boss St Bloke wrote:
Neil - perhaps I need to make it clear for you - Brown is an unelected Prime Minister - and appears to still be in that position.

We dont elect Prime Ministers. We elect MPs. The Queen chooses the MP most likely to command a majority in the House of Commons as Prime Minister. It's impossible to be elected as Prime Minister, there is no such election.
Friday 7 May 2010 10.26am
... you didn't read the article, did you ;-)
Friday 7 May 2010 10.28am
Boss St Bloke wrote:
... you didn't read the article, did you ;-)

Guilty...
Friday 7 May 2010 10.45am
there was a LibDem guy outside my polling station. I told him he could not have my number and that I'd only gone in for a cup of tea. He looked a bit confused after that..... there was only one other person at the polling station when I went
Friday 7 May 2010 11.25am
...even more excited today! Pleased that Simon Hughes remains.

I voted at one stop on spa road before 8am yesterday and it was dead and I was disappointed, then I cycled past about 8ish last night and it was heaving.

Glad so many people came out to vote.
Friday 7 May 2010 11.27am
donna flavia wrote:
At Charles Dickens where I voted, there was a lib dem gentleman asking for you card number or post code . Inside was a chaotic and long queues, mainly because only two volunteers checking cards and there seeme to be alot of errors. However it has got to be done. And I too was pleased to see so many people.
he didn't aproach me, but then maybe I look too scary :->
yes is was annoying to have to queue for soooo long, but great to see loats of people using their votes and not wasting them.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions