London SE1 community website

Nick Stanton

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 10 May 2010 5.34pm
I just wanted to say how sad I am that Nick Stanton has resigned from his post. I have lived in Wandsworth, Lambeth, Barnet and Southwark and i must say the latter was the best council I have ever lived in. It has improved a lot in terms of cleanliness and general appearance and i really enjoy living here.
Related news & features
Monday 10 May 2010 7.34pm
Gosh, I'm pleased. Never had much time for him.But we can always get worse, that's the trouble.
Monday 10 May 2010 10.46pm
I wonder what this will mean for the regeneration of elephant? More delays? Let's hope the new Labour controlled council have something to prove and give it a better shot. Let's see if that Lend Lease contract gets signed next month... hhhhm
Tuesday 11 May 2010 11.53am
What's the betting he will be a candidate for the lib dems at a forth coming general election?
Tuesday 11 May 2010 2.31pm
I'll miss him as council leader he was dedicated, committed and really cared.
Wednesday 12 May 2010 4.59am
Nick Stanton is a good man I agree however not good at the real tough biz subsequently all delays and no progress on key planning issues in my humble opinion.

He spoke openly at a Shad Thames residence Ass meeting once last year about a confidential/discreet planning application issue that really compromissed Shad Thames as there were G.L.A people in the room (open meeting).

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions