London SE1 community website

Well done Millwall

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 27 May 2010 2.20pm
Sorry Suziq. I meant the Lor clyde..getting my pubs mixed up..i would go there...good service too..
Thursday 27 May 2010 3.01pm
Very naughty Chalkey!!!
Thursday 27 May 2010 3.36pm
Thanks for that Windmill Walker - just popped into The Gladstone and they don't have a screen. Lord Clyde it is then!
Saturday 29 May 2010 12.48pm
Knowing the River Bar, tower bridge road, has Sky I called to ask if they are showing the game. The reply I got when I asked if they were showing the 'Millwall' game was shocking in it's abruptness 'No no no'.
So, my fellow millwall fans I'm off to the suchard bar on crucifix lane because the kind man told me he would turn the game on for me.

Clearly, the people in the river bar are tabloid reading folk who believe everything they read about millwall fans.
Monday 31 May 2010 3.05am
Traversty! Bringing inane violence and stupidity into the Championship.
Monday 31 May 2010 8.03am
John Tyson wrote:
Clearly, the people in the river bar are tabloid reading folk who believe everything they read about millwall fans.

Or it might be that they've got eyes and ears.
Monday 31 May 2010 11.19pm
It's a shame that on the 'other' Millwall thread there are bad reports about Millwall fans - I attended the game with my wife , two teenage sons and one of my son's friends and had a great day.

We travelled to and fro the game on the tube - on the way there with Swindon fans - and saw no bad behaviour.

I am not saying that there weren't examples of poor /anti-social behaviour but in a group of
c 40 000 I am afraid there will always be a minority who behave badly. This is not an excuse just an attempt at a balanced observation.

Hopefully those reports won't overshadow a great achievement by a local club that has put a lot into the local community - let's try to celebrate some local success.

A successful local club will be good for the area and Millwall FC deserve some credit for the hard work they have put in on and off the pitch.

Well done to the team and the club's management.
Tuesday 1 June 2010 11.01am
Well said.
Tuesday 1 June 2010 11.29am
Awesome result.

Congratulations.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions