London SE1 community website

Vinopolis takes the plunge!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 26 March 2004 10.20am
You can't blame them for the Pseud's corner guff, look at the vocabulary used by the average wine writer.

Ignorance is bliss
Friday 26 March 2004 11.11am

I am with you LR - if it was all dingy smoky bars, cheap grub (maybe even some live music) I would go all the time!!

As it is, it is a plastic-fantastic wholesome-family venue - so riff-raff like me stay out. Possibly that fits withg their marketing plan as I won't spend as much money as some KPMG Consultant with no frontal lobes.
Friday 26 March 2004 5.59pm
Just on the subject of Vinopolis, I used to work for an org which hired the space for an event, and I must say the interior halls are quite a beautiful set of spaces, although it's definitely not cheap to hire.

In the hire space it is definitely possible to avoid the aesthetic of 'KPMG Consultant with no frontal lobes' (heh heh, lol red bus) because it has a bare brick kind of look across a vast aircraft hangar type of hall. I guess an interior designer might call it 'distressed'? (which may then be the opposite of lobotomised consultant style, who knows)

anyway I have no connection with Vinopolis btw.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions