London SE1 community website

Starbucks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 29 March 2002 2.48pm
how do you stop them spreading? are they mating or something?
Saturday 30 March 2002 12.39pm
Wire brush and Dettol?
mags
Wednesday 3 April 2002 2.03pm
send one closer to the elephant...can't get a cup of coffee on the walworth rd. or kennington.
Thursday 4 April 2002 1.51am
there's a great coffee place upstairs at the Elephant - run by Columbians. Great music too. If Starbucks comes to Elephant that would be the final straw for me! Crap coffee from a global enterprise. The best coffee in all SE1 is at Borough Market - Monmouth coffee stall or at their new shop by the market. Fantastic coffee from a small enterprise, locally roasted by people who know their stuff.
Calme Common
Monday 15 April 2002 9.21pm
Well, sorry to be a sucker for mass consumerism, but I actually quite like Starbucks . But then, I also like the latest Travis album, rather than that crappy world music that Damon Albarn is peddling, so I suppose I have no taste. If only I could appreciate genuine independent coffee houses rather than Starbucks then maybe my sad old life would have more meaning. Oh I feel so inadequate.
Monday 15 April 2002 11.35pm
liking Starbucks is entirely your personal prerogative - but if you like coffee then try Monmouth's at Borough Market. no - i don't work for them. travis is ok and so's world music. it's all good.
Tuesday 16 April 2002 1.02am
Ahh, so its all your fault!

Were you being sarcastic or ironic? <sarky> I couldn\'t tell</sarky>.
Tuesday 16 April 2002 9.38am
why assume either? just expressing my view - yours is equally valid.
Friday 19 April 2002 10.34am
Now how did that happen?

I must have left the reply open and Kate nipped in before I actually posted....

I was of course being barely sarcastic to "Calme Common".

or was that ironic? I get them mixed up.
Friday 19 April 2002 1.06pm
sorry JamesB to nip in before you posted! just me taking things personally, yet again - or just being a total sadster with nothing else to do but post on this board! of course if i'd read your post properly i would have realised! sorry
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions