London SE1 community website

Walk for Life....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 4 June 2010 3.57pm
Oh, the name thing (again). In the wake of a sensible comment, it's always handy to trot out something so dumb it saps the will to live.

There are plenty of people on here who know my face, name, phone number, address, family details, job details, etc. I'm not hiding them. More like judiciously filtering them from e.g. right wing loonies.

And, frankly, if my username DID bear a resemblance to a "real" name, are there really people who are so naive that they would take that as any sort of proof of who I really am? I hope it's not a newsflash, but people aren't always who they claim to be.

And as for the AIDS denialism, that's surely a bit far-fetched for even a Daily "Life gives you cancer" Mail/Telegraph reader like you, Mother Rkadams99

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 4 June 2010 4.17pm
A few thoughts for Mark

- if HIV-AIDS is 'far from proven' to quote you, how
can it be 'mostly self-inflicted in the west', to
quote you again?

- presumably you believe it to be a 'racket' by the
medical industry to sell drugs to those who suffer from a created disease. If so why are the poorest in Africa and beyond so highly infected when it would be obvious that they were not going to receive expensive drugs from the drug companies

- and lastly if your theories are correct and I would respectfully suggest they are rubbish surely philpott's charitable efforts to help save lives, however endangered, should be praised - after all even 40% of 2,000 is 800 to those in need
Friday 4 June 2010 5.06pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Oh, the name thing (again). In the wake of a sensible comment, it's always handy to trot out something so dumb it saps the will to live.
There are plenty of people on here who know my face, name, phone number, address, family details, job details, etc. I'm not hiding them. More like judiciously filtering them from e.g. right wing loonies.

And, frankly, if my username DID bear a resemblance to a "real" name, are there really people who are so naive that they would take that as any sort of proof of who I really am? I hope it's not a newsflash, but people aren't always who they claim to be.

And as for the AIDS denialism, that's surely a bit far-fetched for even a Daily "Life gives you cancer" Mail/Telegraph reader like you, Mother Rkadams99

Desperate stuff. i suggest you start a thread in 'Chatter'.
Friday 4 June 2010 5.12pm
nigelse1 wrote:
A few thoughts for Mark
- if HIV-AIDS is 'far from proven' to quote you, how
can it be 'mostly self-inflicted in the west', to
quote you again?

Quote me correctly: "HIV-AIDS is far from proven and that AIDS in the west is mostly self-inflicted" - I hope your science is more rigorous.

nigelse1 wrote:
and lastly if your theories are correct and I would respectfully suggest they are rubbish surely philpott's charitable efforts to help save lives, however endangered, should be praised - after all even 40% of 2,000 is 800 to those in need
Do you understand the phrase "Kudos for your charity" ?
Your analytical skills may be a little rusty, so go easy on the sweeping statements and invective.

For the rest, look, start a thread in Chatter.
Friday 4 June 2010 5.36pm
What a shame that Philpotts24's cheerful request for support has degenerated so quickly to this.

Enough, thank you.

This kind of nonsense gives this forum a bad name.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

This thread has been closed
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions