London SE1 community website

Papa Johns takeaway right on Tower Bridge Road at 168a

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
bev
Saturday 5 June 2010 1.07am
Nimbyism constitutes valid grounds for opposition. I favour nuclear power, I have no objection to brothels, I respect the need for fire engines and their concomitant sirens -- but please, please, not in my back yard. Does this pizza joint have a valid reason for not locating its takeaway half a mile south on Tower Bridge Road, which is already a high-density shopping district?
Saturday 5 June 2010 5.06am
"Does this pizza joint have a valid reason for not locating its takeaway half a mile south on Tower Bridge Road"

I think so Bev.

The new place will be walking distance from the many flats (North) on Tooley St and Shad Thames who currently do not have a takeaway pizza place. The Papa folks have obviously done their home work and chosen NOT to go 1/2 a mile south into more densely populated takeaway territory.

Not to be rude to you, but your posts suggest that you are a quintessential nimby.

Those "concomitant sirens" - would you prefer them switched off if the emergency vehicle was attending your call?
Saturday 5 June 2010 7.02am
the facebook thing is ridiculous...and it has 4 members,probably all the same person. the suggestion that papa johns moves further south (where all the other cheap an nasty shops are) is even more stupid. they are going for a more affluent market hence the specific choice of site no doubt. anyway as i said before they do great pizzas and i for one will use them
Saturday 5 June 2010 7.59am
This may be a forlorn hope, but perhaps we could have an exchange of differing views on this subject without being rude or sneering.

Bev is perfectly entitled to object to this application if she chooses, but I'd certainly be interested in her response to Boss Street Bloke's questions on the previous page asking about the basis of some of the claims in her original post.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 5 June 2010 8.31am
Twice now I've seen ads for this place. Each time I've gone to their website only to discover they don't deliver. Good luck to them. As for noise etc, I doubt that will be a problem because:

1. Surely most orders will be ordered over the phone and then delivered.
2. These types of shops rarely open before 11am and they receive their deliveries during opening hours.
3. It is bound to be franchised, meaning the owner will be keen to keep his neighbours happy.

At least it's not going to be another of those '15 bits of chicken for 99p' outlets!

I look forward to trying Papa's food.
Saturday 5 June 2010 11.30am
A nuclear powered pizza parlour/brothel.As a business concept that would surely win Dragons' den next time round.
Saturday 5 June 2010 11.52am
I'd never actually heard of Papa John's are they good? Alas, I tend to avoid pizza on the calorie front despite staring at them longingly. Maybe I'll make an exception for them.
Saturday 5 June 2010 7.26pm
I'd welcome them here as all the pizza companies around here are that I've used so far are rubbish. I used Papa John's when i lived in Canary Wharf (they delivered from All Saints), and thought they were great. This would literally be in my back yard, and I don't mind.
Saturday 5 June 2010 7.36pm
a bit far away from me
but slightly off topic

who uses what pizza delivery?
we have tried a few and are still looking for better.

the missus says i should just make one here but at midnight on a friday or saturday, i really cant be bothered.

any suggestions or good pizza joints out there?
Saturday 5 June 2010 8.23pm
Papa John's make great pizza...better then dominos IMHO
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions