London SE1 community website

Papa Johns takeaway right on Tower Bridge Road at 168a

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Saturday 5 June 2010 9.24pm
Pizza gogol is quite good
Sunday 6 June 2010 7.24am
boroughpaul wrote:
Papa John's make great pizza...better then dominos IMHO

If Domino's is the benchmark, it would be easy to beat. Best local pizza delivery, I think, is Pizza Cucina. More expensive but much better quality ingredients.
Monday 7 June 2010 7.24am
Boss St Bloke, boroughpaul, Gavin Smith,

In keeping with the positive, supportive theme of this forum, I think it'd be great if you would at least assuage Bev's concerns with your experiences of a hot food outlet moving in directly below your main residence. While my friends' experiences of moving in above a pizza takeaway (admittedly it was already there, so the friends are obviously the guilty parties)have been generally awful along the lines of her original post, I think Bev would appreciate your relevant, thoughtful and truthful contributions to the debate.
Monday 7 June 2010 3.03pm
bev wrote:
Nimbyism constitutes valid grounds for opposition.

FWIW, I'd agree with you. Maybe you should have made that clear in your original post.

(And Cucina have far and away the best pizzas, for my money. Not cheap, though.)

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 7 June 2010 5.33pm
Reece, in answer to your query I used to live above two fast food places on Lower Road. There were no problems at all re noise/early
morning deliveries and the proprietors of said establishments were keen to promote good neighbourly relations. The only complaint I had was the smell of their rubbish as I walked past the bin but all passersby had to put up with that.

Seriously, I'm the first to oppose planning apps, but what is proposed by PJ isn't that bad. What gives Bev reason to believe there will be antisocial problems as proposed in her first post re this matter? Are they confirmed facts or merely (erroneous) assumptions on Bev's part? I fear the latter but make no assumptions...
Wednesday 11 August 2010 12.31pm
was this ever decided? i for one would welcome papa johns to SE1...
Monday 23 August 2010 2.13pm
bigphil wrote:
a bit far away from me
but slightly off topic

who uses what pizza delivery?
we have tried a few and are still looking for better.

the missus says i should just make one here but at midnight on a friday or saturday, i really cant be bothered.

any suggestions or good pizza joints out there?
I live on the cut and get my pizza from this Papa Johns: http://www.papajohns.co.uk/Stores/farringdon/Pizzas.aspx

Pizza hut don't deliver even tho they are under 2 miles away and dominos don't do too many good offers (papa johns always send me vouchers and texts with offer codes) and a couple of times when I have ordered from dominos in the past the pizza hasn't arrived as the drivers were mugged outside their shop but they won't report it to the police.
Wednesday 8 December 2010 10.16am
This planning application will be considered by Bermondsey Community Council on Thursday 16 December:
http://moderngov.southwarksites.com/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=3421&x=1&;

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 9 December 2010 2.36am
good news that love the six cheese can't wait hope they get it. good luck john.
Tuesday 21 December 2010 10.17pm
looks like the nimbies got things their way...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions