London SE1 community website

Mum's and toddler groups

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 14 June 2010 3.43pm
And your health visitor/midwife/the woman at the dr's surgery who does all the baby-weighing/measuring/etc (sorry, but I always get the names of these people wrong) should also be able to put you in the way of the groups and classes run by Sthk Council.

The council run a lot of different classes (baby massage, baby first aid, pregnancy yoga, postnatal keep fit, etc), and Mrs I's experience of the couple of them that she's been on is that they're decently funded, of a good standard, free, and woefully underattended.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 14 June 2010 9.50pm
This is the link on Southwarks website that lists all the activities for under 5's in Bermondsey & Rotherhithe, lots of stuff to go to & fine for 6 mth olds.....have fun

Lets Go in Southwark
Friday 21 January 2011 3.11pm
Hi all

My name is Francesco and I am the general manager at Cafe Amisha (161 Grange Road, SE1 3GH).

I have read your above posts and thought you would be interested to know that every Thursday a group of mothers meet and bring their children along to our restaurant. We have a large space ideal for pushchairs, and we also have a baby changing room and kids menu available everyday for older children. We also have daily lunch offers available, should you want more than just a coffee and cake, from Tuesday - Friday 12pm - 5pm (please note we are closed on Mondays).

Please come along and get to know other mums and babies in the area, we look forward to seeing you!

Many Thanks

Francesco Messinas

[email protected] (please email us to join our mailing list to recieve updates on our special offers)
Monday 24 January 2011 10.39pm
Hi,

There is also the playgroup/1'o'clock club in the hut in Southwark Park (down by the athletics track / hawkstone road gates.) The have as nice enclosed outside play area, as well as indoor. Ages under 5 in term time and it's free.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions