London SE1 community website

Recycling Printer Toner Cartridges

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 7 June 2010 5.47pm
I have a colour printer and have just gone through the (expensive) process of buying 4 new colour toners for the machine (HP). Does anyone know of a local facility for recycling the old toner cartridges or even getting them remanufactured?

Thanks
Monday 7 June 2010 10.14pm
I use Cartridge World, 334 Kennington Lane 020 7582 8605 - the first time was very good, with no problems, then last time, I couldn't get the extra-large refurbished cartridge to fit into my HP laserjet 1320, but they swopped it with another with no quibbling. Inevitably i was in a rush, but pleased with their prices & commitment to service.
Monday 7 June 2010 11.10pm
thanks Graham that's helpful.

another question though - What sort of turnaround time do they have? or rather, will I have to make two trips - one to drop off and one to pick up?

honest, I'm not completely lazy, but it's always good to know these things in advance!
Tuesday 8 June 2010 1.28am
Just call them to ask if they already have the one you need, then you can exchange it, like mechanics do with gearboxes & starter motors. Much cheaper & less consumerist!

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions