London SE1 community website

Cycle Repair - Druid Cycles

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Friday 16 July 2010 11.13pm
A mixture of experiences then. It does seem that everywhere is hit and miss. I think on the whole I'm going to take my chances with Druid when the need arises, and I'm very glad I've got a spare bike.
Zoe
Sunday 18 July 2010 9.57am
They fixed my puncture for a tenner and did it quick as well. It was raining really heavily so I was more than happy to pay (and would probably have paid more to avoid getting dirty, which is awfully girly I know!!). I think it might depend who you get in the shop on the day.
Monday 16 August 2010 7.45pm
I see Druid cycles made the Evening standard tonight

http://tinyurl.com/295crq9
Tuesday 24 August 2010 9.27pm
Hello SE1 forumers,
Druid Cycles has just recently launched their mobile bicycle repair service on a trial basis. We have 2 mobile mechanics on the roads patroling between the City, Southwark Bridge Road,up to Oval, Vauxhall and the Rotherhite tunnel. the service operates from Monday to Friday between 3pm until 7pm. If you need any assistance with your bike on the road, please ring us and we send a team out to you. You can reach us on 07551016380 or skype: druidcyclesmobile. A call out costs £10. we provide road side assistance and also full services at your office, work place or at home.If you pass by on your bike, please drop in and look at the changes taking place at our workshop.
Tuesday 26 June 2012 6.05pm
I was a Walk-In at Mid-Day - left bike for a Full Service. Text at 17:45 to say it was ready. £55. Happy as although I was wary and have a spare bike, I got great service.
Wednesday 27 June 2012 10.55am
Try Velodro on TBR they've been great with my bike.
Wednesday 27 June 2012 9.46pm
I take back most of what I said on Tuesday - got on bike this evening to do a couple of Km's. For some reason seat had been lowered using Alun Key and the gears are still out of whack.
Thursday 28 June 2012 11.00am
No surprise there. I've stopped using them after asking them to change a chain. Simple job I thought. It took them most of the day and then when out for a ride it came apart. Took it to proper bike shop Pearsons in Sutton where I'd broken down and they said it was too short as too many links had been removed and quite dangerous what they had done. Only use them for a puncture repair I reckon.
Wednesday 20 August 2014 5.58pm
Have these changed hands?
I have just returned home from Druid cycle workshop and have never felt so disgusted at a way a woman can be spoke to by the staff, at lunch time I asked the manager if I can come in and have a puncture repaired t he said yes bring it in at 5pm I told him it was not a quick release Tyre he thatís fine its a 10 min job so I pushed my bike to be told it will be £20 to repair a puncture by another employer, I was shocked at the price as it was Druid that repaired the last puncture costing £10 and also tightening my brakes,hence my shock at the price raising 100% I replied I will have a go at home by myself on which the employer waved in my face and said bye bye, forgive me if this is their normal customer service but my last visit the man couldn't have been nicer
Saturday 23 August 2014 12.14am
I take my bike to " On your bike" under the arches round the back of Southwark cathedral.
They used to be on Tooley Street before they got pushed out by the London Bridge Station redevelopment.
They are really nice too.

The Vaults, Montague Close, London Bridge, SE1 9DA
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions