London SE1 community website

Dogs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7
Thursday 24 June 2010 9.59pm
I think it was my neighbour's dog that was attacked. I've never spoken to her but I see her from my window walking her dogs all the time. Did the victim dog die or is it recovering somewhere? Sadly I suspect the former. I'll speak to my neighbour when I next see her. Her dogs were/are such gentle lovely animals and this is very sad.
Friday 25 June 2010 3.06am
there is a guy who walks his 2 dogs at least 3-4 times per day from where ever he lives to the offie on the corner of blackfriars rd/ webber st. never on a lease, the dogs walk in the shop if they want.
i'm pretty damm sure that this is not ok , yet no one says a thing. im starting to wonder and also getting pissed off as my missus is scared of dogs and has been cornered by these 2 mutts and their idiot owner at least 3 times now. n.ot happy and im sure my bark will be worse than their bite
Friday 25 June 2010 3.17am
Wih dogs we need to care about carefully like our friends.
I think this depends on our way of caring bout them.

Saturday 26 June 2010 12.38am
The most tragic thing about this incident, was how this group of fully, grown men just stood, outside the Rose Pub, not lifting a finger to help this poor woman and her dog. They didnt even have the decency to call 999. It was this cab driver that pulled over to help her. People in London are so self centered. "Makes you wonder why London is listed as one of the most dangerous cities in the world".
Saturday 26 June 2010 6.58am
Ms Reeve - This is, without doubt, a very unpleasant event, but where is London listed as one of the most dangerous cities in the world? Can you show us a link (ideally that's not from the Daily Mail)?

Does it really rank with Baghdad and Kabul for chaotic explosions, or Mexico City or Bogota for kidnapping, or practically anywhere or bad neighbourhoods of practically anywhere in the US for murder, or Jo'burg for general crime?

There's an article here (link) from CNN on dangerous cities. I don't know the methodology behind it, but London's nowhere to be seen and the places it does list are far scarier than here.

Let's not be panicked.
Saturday 26 June 2010 1.23pm
Shouldn't dogs be on a lead in public?
Anyone conversant with the law here?
Zoe
Saturday 26 June 2010 3.34pm
Dogs have to be under control in public, I don't think it specifically says on a lead.
Saturday 26 June 2010 5.59pm
Oxymoronic.

How can a dog possibly be "under control in public" if no lead is involved?
Saturday 26 June 2010 6.02pm
It can be under control by being obedient. It would be ridiculous if you couldn't throw a ball for you dog in the park.
Saturday 26 June 2010 6.07pm
My sister works in a children's plastic surgery and facial reconstruction unit in the West Midlands.

The awful sights she has to witness every day from "obedient" and "he never attacked anyone before" type dogs would make you weep.

Grow up beetroot - obedient dogs MUST be on a lead in public places - especially when kids are around.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions