London SE1 community website

Cycle Superhighway

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Thursday 12 August 2010 2.40am
I drive buses between Merton and Tooting Broadway where this cycle lane runs. As a cyclist too, I always stay clear of the blue lanes and find it easy to pull into stops that are clearly marked. What I do object to is the amount of motorcyclists using this highway for their use. Motorcylists are the epitome of bad road users. They are inconsiderate, dangerous and think they own the road. I have had in incident while sitting in traffic where 2 motorcyclists came scooting down the cycle lane and undertaking a police car who were clearly just wanting to get the kebab shop in south wimbledon where they all gather. I have also witnessed, while sitting in the traffic queue, a black taxi cab use the cycle lane from longley road to collyers wood station. I was gobsmacked. More policing with clear instructions of use please, Mr Johnson.
Thursday 12 August 2010 2.50am
PS :- Phoney, I cannot believe that someone in this day and age has to google to see how to fix a puncture. When we were kids with our BMX's, we were always taking them apart to work out how everything worked. Technology kills brains as well I guess, lol. Do people not have intelligence of their own today? and Tolstoy, the expandable sealent is a one off use in your innertube. It will not prevent punctures and is extremely messy. They make plastic strips to run round the inside of tyres to help prevent punctures but unfortunately, they are always unavoidable.
Tuesday 11 January 2011 2.18pm
BBC1's Inside Out London is making a programme looking at TFL spending. As part of that, we're looking to interview cyclists about the new Cycle Superhighways.

Have they benefited you, or do you feel less safe as a result? Is the investment in Superhighways worthwhile, or a waste of money?

Please get in touch with us at [email protected] or 07951 223964
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions