London SE1 community website

Kings Reach Tower (old IPC Building)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 1 March 2011 4.05pm
There's another public exhibition at Milroy Walk on Wednesday 1pm-5pm and Thursday 4pm-8pm

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 8 April 2011 9.53am
A full planning application has now been submitted:
http://planningonline.southwarksites.com/planningonline2/AcolNetCGI.exe?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=9539812

Tuesday 12 July 2011 9.38am
This is going to planning committee next week:
http://moderngov.southwarksites.com/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=4066

Wednesday 13 July 2011 11.20am
Thanks James,

Perhaps I have been psychologically brutalised by so many shockingly ugly development plans over the years, that my critical faculties have become grossly diminished - but to my eyes this one actually looks OK to me :) Although I suspect that the cool new high-level "amenity space" on their plans will be reserved for (marketing to) residents rather than open and welcoming for hoi polloi.

"Why Mr property developer, what shiny large plans you have..."

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Wednesday 20 July 2011 1.50pm
And the council sells the idea of mixed communities in Southwark down the river again.

Surely we need to have more 'affordable' housing in the rich parts and more rich housing in the affordable parts - that's what will give us balanced communities.

So the Council leader has said that the 9 million from Neo Bankside can be used on the Aylesbury Estate. Because there's a real shortage of affordable housing round there, isn't there. (http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5410)

I wonder where this 22 million will be spent? The Brandon Estate? Ledbury Estate? Tustin Estate?
Wednesday 20 July 2011 3.02pm
I live next door to IPC Tower, and have to agree with RedBus - it actually looks OK. They have also listened to what the residents had to say and made some (albeit not all) amendments. The "amenity space" is currently also not open for non-residents and I don't see that changing. I quite like having a semi-private garden ;o)
Wednesday 20 July 2011 3.07pm
Just looking at the artist renderings I wonder how much of that sunlight you'll actually get in what looks to be a fairly deep pit.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions