London SE1 community website

Car Club car spaces

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 30 June 2010 1.58pm
Mutton wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:
Yes. It's a scandal. And another thing, what about those disabled spaces?

Don't forget the bus stops... They take up *LOADS* of room. And they are ALWAYS EMPTY!!!!

You too are way too shortsighted, the real success would not be to get rid of disabled spaces or bus stops but to get rid of the spaces left for red and yellow people - this is some sort of discrimination where they have lots of space left open to them but they never use them.

Does anyone know how to qualify? Do you just get a double red tatoo or do you need to have red hair?

ON the car club spaces, presumably these are open to any car club rather than just ZipCar or StreetCar?
Wednesday 30 June 2010 2.16pm
[quote marcusm][quote Mutton][quote Ivanhoe]
ON the car club spaces, presumably these are open to any car club rather than just ZipCar or StreetCar?[/quote]

There is a City Car Club car in the designated space on Keyse Road, off Grange Road.
Wednesday 30 June 2010 4.53pm
Whether legit or not it is a public road. How are they allowed to buy up parts of public road?

Will my parking permit go down in price now?

I will enquire about having my own space tomorrow.

Regards
Wednesday 30 June 2010 7.40pm
Should I go ahead and find out about getting some jackets made - we can go cruising and everything !
Thursday 1 July 2010 9.05am
They have not bought part of the public road at all - just licensed a selection of parking spaces throughout the area, often in private lots but yes occasionally on public streets. the others are right though, it's actually improving your ability to park a great deal by meaning that people like myself who would otherwise get a car aren't using individual spaces...
Thursday 1 July 2010 9.42am
What about banning all parking in central London, then building homes where the tarmac is - The black stuff occupies about 30% of the ground, we could house everyone if we said no to the car industry, stop 4,000 premature deaths a year from pollution alone, and encourage everyone to walk, run & cycle. Of course there will be some resistance at first.
Thursday 1 July 2010 10.19am
GaryWM wrote:
They have not bought part of the public road at all - just licensed a selection of parking spaces throughout the area, often in private lots but yes occasionally on public streets. the others are right though, it's actually improving your ability to park a great deal by meaning that people like myself who would otherwise get a car aren't using individual spaces...

Its a spacial thing GaryWM....the penny will drop lol
Thursday 1 July 2010 3.16pm
graham wrote:
What about banning all parking in central London, then building homes where the tarmac is - The black stuff occupies about 30% of the ground, we could house everyone if we said no to the car industry, stop 4,000 premature deaths a year from pollution alone, and encourage everyone to walk, run & cycle. Of course there will be some resistance at first.

I know, what about getting rid of all the detached and terraced housing too. Vast waste of space and all those stairs contribute to lots of deaths and injuries every year. Two thousand Shards should be enough to free up plenty of space for the cyclists and pedestrians. I know, if we put their offices in the buildings too then those delicate cyclists and pedestrians wouldn't have to brave the now empty outside space at all!
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions