London SE1 community website

Chinese food delivery - any recommendations please?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 5 July 2010 8.44pm
"Hi, Pick-up-Stix? I'd like to place an order for one Deep Fried Prawn Balls with Salted Egg Yolk."

"Do you deliver to SE1?"

"Where's that?"

"Errm, about 6,000 miles east of you... and south of the river."

"No problem! Be with you in about eight hours. Might be a bit cold."
Monday 5 July 2010 9.07pm
worth the wait tho...LOL
Monday 5 July 2010 11.34pm
All this talk of food got me a little hungry, so we tried the Jasmine Garden takeaway. I'd always shyed away from them as they put a picture of the rather lovely Ching-He Huang on their menus, which I always thought was a bit cheeky. Anyway, we placed an order off the back of the recomendations here and was pleasantly surprised. Not as good as some of the takeout you can get in Chinatown, but it was delivered pretty quick, and it was a heck of a lot nicer than the other Chinese takeaways we'd tried in the area.

7/10 from me
GT
Tuesday 6 July 2010 8.08am
Mutton wrote:
All this talk of food got me a little hungry, so we tried the Jasmine Garden takeaway. I'd always shyed away from them as they put a picture of the rather lovely Ching-He Huang on their menus, which I always thought was a bit cheeky. Anyway, we placed an order off the back of the recomendations here and was pleasantly surprised. Not as good as some of the takeout you can get in Chinatown, but it was delivered pretty quick, and it was a heck of a lot nicer than the other Chinese takeaways we'd tried in the area.
7/10 from me

Just to point out the the hyperlink in the above message takes you to the grange road one (I assuming Mutton you didnt order from here)... it is actually the batholomew street one you want.
Tuesday 6 July 2010 10.25am
Yes - I used the Bartholomew Street one. I didn't put the link in, the websites magic pixies did it.
Monday 12 July 2010 2.47pm
Thank you all for the suggestions (Boroughpaul was perhaps over estimating my spending on Chinese food delivery but I'd like to reassure him that Jasmine Garden on Bartholomew St also provide fortune cookies)

We had a nice meal from there last night - they were really efficient and gave us an accurate delivery time estimate - food was well packed and included paper napkins and plastic knives and forks (tho' no chopsticks which seems odd). I would use them again.
Saturday 21 August 2010 5.01pm
Can echo the other comments on here. Ordered from Jasmine Garden (Bartholomew Street one) last weekend.

I don't usually order Chinese and haven't since I moved here three years ago but it was good by takeaway standards and delivered very promptly. Would recommend.

Incidentally, we ordered via a website called Hungry House, which was very useful as we didn't have a menu - no connection.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions