London SE1 community website

Induction Hob Repair

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 4 July 2010 3.50pm
I bought a Baumatic Induction hob on eBay which arrived faulty and is not under warranty because it was bought it second-hand. Thankfully, the seller has refunded me the money but doesn't want it back. So I thought that instead of binning it I might as well see how much it'll cost to repair.

When it's turned on at the wall, it beeps, shows 88888 and then flashes up EST01 for a second or two and then locks itself.

Does anyone know of a local, reputable repair man (or woman!) who could repair a faulty Induction Hob?
Monday 5 July 2010 9.01am
I have a Baumatic hob and oven and rang them when the oven went wrong they were not cheap but were not overally expensive- look them up on the internet and ring their repair people and ask for a quote
Monday 5 July 2010 9.27am
Thanks dee dee,

I did call them and it's 110 for them to just come and have a look at it!
Monday 5 July 2010 11.15am
blimey that has gone up a lot!!

if you find someone do let me know in case mine goes wrong again!
Tuesday 6 July 2010 5.13am
Hi.......,

I am newbie to this forum. I am from United Kingdom.
I am a business man. Nice to meet you all in this forum.

vintage port wine

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions