London SE1 community website

The first 12m flat in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Wednesday 7 July 2010 8.42pm
To add a little irony, the magnificent 'Festival of Britain,' held on the Southbank in 1951 at a cost of 8 million, (which included the construction of the Festival Hall in that figure) came in for a lot of critisism because a vast majority thought that the money could be better spent.......
On housing.
Wednesday 7 July 2010 10.03pm
just picturing my bbq on the decking, the walk-fridge full of cans of speights and the big screen tv blasting out the tri-nations rugby.... now that would make the place inviting and liveable.... now it looks like a empty gallery.
12 mil' for the view is pushing it a bit over the proverbial.
Thursday 8 July 2010 5.58am
How strange - it's not even 1 apartment it's 2 which you then knock together ?!
Thursday 8 July 2010 10.31am
Yes - you'd have to spend even more converting two penthouses into one!

7,000 sq feet of lateral space in London with a river view is quite rare, but seems like they are trying it on a bit. Will be interesting to see if it sells.
Thursday 8 July 2010 10.55am
I could only see a company investing in the property at that price and using it as a base for visiting clients, which would probably mean it sits empty for most of the time.
Thursday 8 July 2010 1.11pm
I never thought I'd say this but the penthouses at nearby 'Neo Bankside' seem a good deal by comparison...
Thursday 8 July 2010 1.27pm
for 12m I wouldn't spend more money redecorating! and I probably wouldn't bother knocking through into one either.
Thursday 8 July 2010 1.49pm
Yes, but you'd get me to come round and knock you up a bespoke cider shed on one of the numerous terraces, wouldn't you, Jon?

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 8 July 2010 2.14pm
'bespoke' isn't the word I'd have used to describe your fabulous creation, but I did sense a lack of cider storage facilities in this 12m flat, so I guess I would have to, yes.
Thursday 8 July 2010 3.02pm
"Site-specific", "artisan-built", "specially commissioned".

I'd consider any of those as a suitable replacement for "bespoke". I imagine that's what you meant, too.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions