London SE1 community website

Art or graffiti?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Sunday 25 July 2010 9.58am
I'm guessing you didn't miss the news of Cameron's gift to Obama, Phoney.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10710074

There used to be a Banksy of a boy with little wings in a doorway on Bermondsey Street. I think it was just painted over. Someone missed out on a lot of money there!
Banksy also changed the word 'bankside' to his name under the railway arch on Stoney Street. At least I think that's where it was. It was larger than the lettering there now and high up in the curve.
Then there was the woman in bra and knockers with Queen Victoria sitting on her face under Blackfriars Bridge (also repeated elsewhere).
Monday 26 July 2010 2.35pm
Cool! Have been admiring some gold peg artwork out of the train window for a month or two on the way in to London Bridge - until, that is, some aesthetically challenged mammon worshippers put an advert in front of it... And what about CEPT?
Saturday 21 August 2010 3.49pm
DuckyFuzz wrote:
Has anyone seen the 'Gold Peg' on the top of the E&C shopping centre, over the market office?
I thought it was interesting and have found more by this 'artist/vandal'

Gold Peg

Great set. I love this graffiti artist too.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions