London SE1 community website

Berkeley Homes development at Potters Fields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 20
Wednesday 12 May 2004 8.35am
That would be a very good idea, Tharg!
Wednesday 12 May 2004 12.00pm
I attended yesterday for part of the morning session, one of three people in the public seating area. No minutes of previous sessions were available but there were copies of a document written by the "witness" of the day. This document, which comprised the opinions of a hired expert, was the subject of questions from both parties.

Wednesday 12 May 2004 1.17pm
Hmm I'L hve to think about the drink
Does anyone know who

James Alexander is
Wednesday 12 May 2004 1.26pm
I thought you were there yesterday Michael?!

Wednesday 12 May 2004 1.45pm
Michael asks

Does anyone know who James Alexander is?

Might he be the same person as the Managing Director of Locum Destination Consulting:

http://www.locum-destination.com/people.html

"James Alexander is a leading destination consultant with particular expertise in the delivery of large-scale capital development projects for both the private and public sector. More specifically he works with clients to facilitate and deliver conceptual and strategic development thinking supported by robust business planning, investment appraisal, and feasibility and viability analysis."

Half my day job is spent challenging the assumptions in business cases put together by "guns for hire" leisure industry consultants.

Post edited (12 May 04 14:17)
Wednesday 12 May 2004 1.55pm
colin
they dident say who he was.

I forgot to mention the Berekely side requested Ian Rich be asked back to the inquiry to explain how the cultural use would fit in to his space.
Wednesday 12 May 2004 3.02pm
Hmmm - sorry was really hammered when I wrote that post and was feeling all at peace with the world. May take you up on the social guys at some point but a tete a tete with Michael and I - perhaps not quite ready for that...

And so it rolls on...

Regards
Wednesday 12 May 2004 3.25pm
Apologies of some sort for this blatant cross posting to boost the Potters Field Park refurbishment thread back up the forum listing, but thought people might want a reminder that the next consultation meeting on the refurbishment of the Park takes place tomorrow, 6-8 pm in the Tooley Street TA Hall, 60 Gainsford Street.

Unlike the arguments about Berkeley Homes' proposals, this one actually has about a million quid of real money committed to it and will take place next winter. So, if you care about the park's future, do try to get to the meeting.

There was apparently also a presentation on the plans to the Bermondsey Community Council on 11 May. Any feedback available from someone who attended?
Wednesday 12 May 2004 3.27pm
michael
if you go again and it sounds like you will, check the table to the left of the door as you enter the room. there should be documents relevant to that day's discussion for you to take. these will explain, as they did yesterday, who the "witness" is, their views etc. etc.
maybe see you there.......
Wednesday 12 May 2004 4.08pm
thanks colin

Current: 11 of 20

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions