London SE1 community website

Berkeley Homes development at Potters Fields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 17 of 20
Friday 18 June 2004 5.15pm
Thanks Jo -
By the way how do you insert a hyperlink into a message?
Friday 18 June 2004 7.32pm
I read that article In the evening standard yesterday as well,It more or less fits in with what you were saying about Ian riches involvement with cabe.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18 June 2004 7.42pm by mickysalt.
Friday 18 June 2004 11.40pm
alan chapman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Jo -
> By the way how do you insert a hyperlink into a
> message?

You can just copy and paste the address in and now, with this super forum upgrade, it automatically becomes a hyperlink.

Or, if you want to link it with text (like I did) you use the following code, but without the spaces:

[url = address] text [ / url ]

(At least, I think that's what I did.)
Saturday 19 June 2004 7.35am
Many thanks Jo
Sunday 20 June 2004 8.17pm

Mickysalt,

I can guarantee that the inspector is not under pressure from the government to approve the scheme.

It is reasonably common for the minister to overrule a decision against made by an inspector, so if the government wants to push a scheme through, it can do so without underhand tactics.

I have never heard of an inspector being nobbled by the government, and the way in which the organisation is set up, and the type of people involved, means it would be political suicide to even try.

Nevertheless, the guy is only human, so you may be able to tell what he is thinking by his body language.

Regards,

Loafer
Wednesday 23 June 2004 6.33pm
If an inspector had been nobbled by the govt, is it likely that you would have heard of it Loafer? (though I agree there's no need for nobbling, for the reason you mention)
Thursday 24 June 2004 12.16pm

Probably.

Loafer
Friday 25 June 2004 3.53pm
Just seen on Sky News that Berkeley is moving out of suburban house-building to focus on urban regeneration...

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
rm
Friday 25 June 2004 4.04pm
and that their share prices are quite substantially up....
Friday 25 June 2004 6.46pm
Walking round the coach park to day ,It was packed with mobile support units for the tennis event .

It's clear to stage an event like this(which is vital for our Olympic bid ) the coach park is also needed to make it viable,

Ps I said under pressure not nobbled

Current: 17 of 20

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions