London SE1 community website

Berkeley Homes development at Potters Fields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 20
Friday 16 April 2004 6.35pm
The South London Press reports that three Bermondsey schools are to move onto the Lambeth College site.
Friday 16 April 2004 9.44pm
I totally agree about the river's edge but can we protect the open spaces as well please?
Saturday 17 April 2004 12.06am

LR - that is quite a coincidence !

it may also in time have an impact upon the value of any flats bought in potters field...
Thursday 22 April 2004 12.59pm
Good News
Simon Hughes is supporting the Tooley Street and Tower Bridge Community Association in fighting this development. He has agreed to host a Press Conference at our NUtmeg House premises next Tuesday.
We have updated our website www.pottersfields.com to give details about the Public Inquiry next week. We need as many people as possible to turn up and give their oppinions
Friday 23 April 2004 12.06pm
Given the biblical reference there is also a passage which says:

"And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver."
(Zechariah 11:12)

And they will, I'm sure.

Regards
Tuesday 27 April 2004 1.22pm
Im just watching the news on bbc1 and an item on potters fields is about to come up on BBC London
Tuesday 27 April 2004 4.41pm
I do find it interesting that Potters is not listed on BBC London's website under open spaces of interest though...

Regards
Tuesday 27 April 2004 4.51pm
The opportunity is to make it somewhere of interest
Tuesday 27 April 2004 4.52pm
And who is going to do that an in whose interest? Tourists or ice cream salesmen?
Tuesday 27 April 2004 5.15pm
Potters Fields may not be of widespread interest per se - but surely the key issue about this site is its relationship to Tower Bridge - one of the four of 'Britain's Best Buildings' according to the BBC series of that name (in autumn 2002?)presented by architecture pundit Dan Cruikshank.

'It quickly became, and remains, a symbol, an image, of the city where it was built.'

And that is why there is such widespread concern about the buildings that provide a backdrop to the bridge. It is not just residents of Tooley Street who think that Berkeley's proposals are completely over the top.

Post edited (27 Apr 04 17:16)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 20

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions