London SE1 community website

Food hygiene in restaurants etc.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Monday 27 September 2010 11.59am
james78's family owns the Tower Tandoori.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 27 September 2010 12.38pm
I don't know how much you can read into these stars and ratings... some of the tastiest food I have ever eaten was prepared at the side of a minging street on a trip to Bangkok and I never suffered... sometimes I think we worry and legislate a bit too much on these kind of things in the UK...
Monday 27 September 2010 1.08pm
phraze wrote:
... I never suffered... sometimes I think we worry and legislate a bit too much on these kind of things in the UK...

You are very lucky and it is good to hear you do enjoy your food. Just have a bit of empathy for everybody with pure health or people who have been suffering of food poisoning. It is not nice and can make life very difficult. For those people inspections are good and necessary.

However, I hope you will never suffer a proper food poisoning experience here or on your travels and always have yummy food.
Jac
Monday 27 September 2010 2.34pm
James Hatts wrote:

so his post is not what you call entirely transparent.

Interesting looking at the scores of the restaurants he mentioned as being low, which included Tas. I noticed that Tas Borough high street scores only 2 stars (which is more than Tower tandoori) but 4 stars at the one in the cut and 4 stars at Tas Pide and Tas Ev gets 3 stars. I wonder why they vary so much you would expect a small chain like that to have very similar scores in all their restaurants.
Monday 27 September 2010 2.58pm
Jac wrote:
James Hatts wrote:

so his post is not what you call entirely transparent.

Having just looked through his previous posts, I'm quite surprised his account is being allowed to stay active. They all praise Tower Tandoori, with no mention of his connection....
Monday 27 September 2010 3.05pm
Haven't had a chance to deal with it yet. I've had my suspicions for some time but only this morning did I find conclusive evidence of who he is.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 27 September 2010 5.04pm
James Hatts wrote:
Haven't had a chance to deal with it yet. I've had my suspicions for some time but only this morning did I find conclusive evidence of who he is.

Thanks for the detective work in that case.

Out of interest, how did you manage to get proof?
Monday 27 September 2010 10.26pm
Do you really think James is going to answer that?
Tuesday 28 September 2010 11.18am
A good detective never gives up his source of information.

unless approched by the sun newspaper, offered pitiful amounts of money then he'll spill the lot!
Tuesday 28 September 2010 11.52am
Do you really think there are a whole host of astroturfers monitoring every thread so they can change their behaviour?

You've been watching Spooks too much...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions